Editor Generator Ajax Error (7) + Debug Info

Editor Generator Ajax Error (7) + Debug Info

NGHNGH Posts: 6Questions: 2Answers: 0
edited March 2018 in Free community support

Hello,

I used the editor and downloaded the files (copying from the guide) but the todo.html file doesn't work, datatables.min.js (1.1kb).

Dev console shows error 500 (php/table.todo.php?_=1522041622277) but error_log isn't catching (it's on) just shows:

[Mon Mar 26 04:20:03.969166 2018] [:error] [pid 77671:tid 140077942437632] [client X] SoftException in Application.cpp:261: File "/home/myspace/public_html/form/php/table.reports.php" is writeable by group.

I've setup /php/lib/config.php but "table.todo.php" isn't creating the table so something MySQL is wrong?

I've used DataTables trace debugger tool but not sure if i can share results here?

I tried http://live.datatables.net but same error + "Loading..."

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 63,214Questions: 1Answers: 10,415 Site admin

My guess is that it is a configuration error in the SQL database connection, but unfortunately it is impossible to say for sure as the server is just returning a 500 generic error message rather than saying something specific about the error (it could really be anything!).

Does your domain have a global error log or a domain specific one perhaps? Certainly, to be able to understand what is going wrong we'd need to know error information from the error.

Allan

• NGHNGH Posts: 6Questions: 2Answers: 0

Hi,

Is there a way to test the database connection? Like a test file like simple output "connection successful" or failed?

I don't have root error_log but I followed how to enable php error log but that results in blank and doesn't write anything to the file.

I used all the files downloaded from the editor including SQL.

Thanks

edited March 2018

Add an echo '123'; just after your DataTables.php include. If the 123 is in the output, then it connects. If you still get an empty response then it does connect.

Allan

edited March 2018

I added the echo to the php/lib/DataTables.php file #34 and doesn't seem to output it anywhere.

I know you don't offer it for free support, but if anyone else wants to have a look via cPanel/FTP let me know. MySQL seems to be right (+localhost & 3306 - wordpress working fine).

Someone said it could be file permissions in cPanel File Manager but they seem correct as previous forum discussions

http://filters.30dns.net/todo.html

Problem solved!

Error 500 It seems it didn't like cPanel putting a $ in my password just noticed (after a red bull) it's a blue-colour like $sql_details was and then changed password from dDw4TcDjQ$G$ to ____________ and working fine!

Thanks, Allan!

AHH! If it was in a PHP double quoted string (") then it would need to be changed to be single quotes (') to have PHP not try to expand a variable (denoted by the $).

Fantastic to hear you've got it sorted out!

Allan

This discussion has been closed.