datatables editor autofill

datatables editor autofill

daniele.maccadaniele.macca Posts: 13Questions: 0Answers: 0

I've a problem with the autofill editor, I've used the example in the link "https://editor.datatables.net/examples/extensions/excel.html", for now in the trial mode.
When I drag the cross of the cell the editor returns a generic error,when I selected multiple cells the editor can not found the cells on the datatable, if I modify the "dataTables.autoFill.min.js" and it returns the cells IDs the autofill editor works but in the console there was an error and if I try again to select multiple cells the editor not works.
Instead, if you edit a single cell, after the first autofill and the console error, it works and you try again to edit multiple cells the editor works again but the console error returns again.

Replies

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

Hi @danielemacca ,

I just tried the example you linked to and that all appears to be working as expected to me. Are you seeing the problem on that page, or just on your own page?

If it's on your own page, would you be able to supply the code or give a link so we could give it a try?

Cheers,

Colin

• daniele.maccadaniele.macca Posts: 13Questions: 0Answers: 0

I have attached the file with the creation of the editor and the datatable, I hope that is possible solved the issue easily

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

Hi @daniele.macca

We took a look, and there's nothing obvious there.

Please could you send through those two error messages you reported, as that may help. And could you run the debugger on the table too, please.

Cheers,

Colin

Hi @colin,
    the error in the console is very generic that you can see in the picture attached, about the "debugger" I've execute it but I don't know how I can send you the results, below I've paste the title of the page of the "debugger" because I think that there is a "code" after the title.
    If you need some more informations please tell me what you need.

DataTables debugger - ufevej

Thanks

Regards

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin

Hi,

Thanks for the debug trace and error message! It caused by a bug in Editor 1.7.3 I'm afraid. I've just sent you a PM with an updated version of Editor which contains the fix.

Regards,
    Allan

edited April 2018

Hi @allan,
    I see that the mail have some problems in these days, could I ask that send me the correct editor to my personal mail?

Hi @allan,
    I've found another error, the autofill editor works but in the console there was an error and if I try again to select multiple cells the editor not works.

Hi,

You'll be able to see the message I sent you by going to your forum inbox.

Does the error you are seeing now happen if you update to the version of Editor I sent over?

Allan

Hi @allan,
    yes, the situation that I've describe in the last comment is happened after the update that you sent me yesterday

Are you able to give me a link to your page showing that issue please? I've not been able to reproduce that I'm afraid.

Allan

I'm sorry but for now is only on my local pc, only after that all is ok we publicate it, Could I help you with something else?

Can you reproduce the issue using http://live.datatables.net perhaps?

Thanks,
    Allan

I'll try that and tomorrow i'll ask to my supervisor if it is possible to connect you to my pc for showing the situation.

thanks

hi @allan,
    I'm trying to use the link that you give me, but I've some problems to load the code.
    While I try I attached in this comment 3 files.
    the div that contains the datatable, the javascript that create the datatable and the editor, the example of the data that should be load in the datatable.
    If you have some updates or you need something else please ask me.

hi @allan,
    I'm done the example on the link that you give me.
    http://live.datatables.net/nesoduci/1/edit
    if you try on the column "note" or all columns next the "position" you can replicate the error.

Thanks. The problem is here:

editor.on('open', function (e, mode, action) {
                    if ($(".focus select").length > 0 && field != "") {
                        $(".focus select")["0"].value = field;
                    }
                    editor.inline(this, {
                        submitOnBlur: true
                    });

On open you are calling inline(). So when AutoFill does its call to bubble() to trigger the edit, you are overriding that, and its getting confused.

What is the intention of that open event handler?

Allan

hi @allan,
    I don't remember because I did that thing, I've tried a lot of things to have a correct functionality.
    If I remove that part of the code the autofill now works correctly.
    Many thanks for the patience.
    Only one thing before the closing of this conversation, on the datatable if I press enter the editor is open but if I release it the editor is closeing immediately, in your example the situation is the same, is that correct or is a bug?

many thanks again, regards

Yes that is expected. by default Editor will submit on return. If you want to disable that the form-options object's onReturn option can be used to control it.

Allan

fine, the last thing.
    permit the autofill only in vertical and not in other type?
    or what is the method for intercept opening of the div?
    I've tried some method(load, create, etc.)

I'm afraid there is no option to limit the fill to vertical actions only. That's a fairly obvious thing for it to do now that you've mentioned it. I've added it to the list.

Allan

• twinhelixtwinhelix Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0

Dear @allan I'm daniele's manager, we just bought a license for him but the downloaded file with license does not include the fix you sent to him regarding this issue, when will the fix be available for public download? Meanwhile how can we solve this situation?
    Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for your message. Currently expecting to release Editor 1.7.4 with the fix next week. Until then, I've just sent yourself and Daniele a PM with the latest dev version of Editor that contains the fix.

Regards,
    Allan

hi @Allan,
    if I use the editor that you sent we if I'll try to do an edit, of one cell or multiple, I see an error.
    you can see it in the attachment

Sorry - you'll need the nightly version of DataTables as well. That exposes the extender function that the fix in Editor makes use of (rather than duplicating code).

Regards,
    Allan

This discussion has been closed.