Issue with Jquery UI Datepicker in Inline Table

Issue with Jquery UI Datepicker in Inline Table

arunjaykrishnanarunjaykrishnan Posts: 18Questions: 3Answers: 0

We have a requirement to show Jquery UI Datepicker in Datatable Editor Inline mode.
The issue I am facing is when I click on the calendar to select a date, the field becomes readonly and the jquery datepicker complains that field does not exist.
I was using the example: https://editor.datatables.net/examples/dates/jqueryui.html as reference.
Please help.

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,686Questions: 1Answers: 10,100 Site admin

If I enable inline editing on that example, which you can do by entering:

$('#example').on( 'click', 'tbody td', function (e) {
            editor.inline( this );
        } );

into your browser's console, the jQuery UI date picker appears to work okay.

Could you confirm if it does for you or not in that example please?

Allan

• arunjaykrishnanarunjaykrishnan Posts: 18Questions: 3Answers: 0

The inline editor is working but the issue is that for jquery ui picker, the field disappears as soon I try to select a date from calendar. I can enter a date in the text, but the moment I mouse over to the calendar to change the date, the text field in the date disappears.

Related comment to the one below. How can I prevent the inline editor from closing for a particular field. Say I was this datepikcer to be editable once I click and remain editable even when I mouse out. I can the handle the close of the field on close of the calendar handler function.

• allanallan Posts: 61,686Questions: 1Answers: 10,100 Site admin

That doesn't appear to happen for me in the example you linked to with the code I posted above. I can click a date in the calender no problem. Is that not the case for you? What browser are you using?

Allan

Allen,
    Regret the delay in response.
    What I want is a customized date picker with few days highlighted. I tried to use a custom field for the same calling the date picker in the set method. but no luck.

e.g.:
    $("datepicker").datepicker({
    beforeShowDay : highlightdays,
    beforeShow: beforeShowFunction,
    showOtherMonths : false,
    numberOfMonths : 1,
    dateFormat : "ddMyy",
    });

Can some one please help?
    We are stuck with this issue for over a month.
    We have purchased the full version of editor datatable as well.

This discussion has been closed.