How to dynamically set which columns are displayed in datatables?

How to dynamically set which columns are displayed in datatables?

chandlergershchandlergersh Posts: 3Questions: 2Answers: 0

Let's say I have a total of 7 columns but I only want to display 6 at fullscreen.
At full screen, the ordering of the columns goes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. (I understand how to hide column 7. I have 7 columns because column 7 is a combination of columns 2 and 3)
Because the table is responsive, at a minimized screen, there are 3 columns left, 1, 2, 3.
Here's my question:
Is there a way to create my table so, for example, when there are 3 columns left, I can choose which columns are shown?
For example, when there are 3 columns left, instead of the default 1, 2, 3 order, can I set the order to something like 1, 7, 4?

So here is how I would like the columns to be ordered as the screen is resized smaller:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
1, 2, 3, 4
1, 7, 4

1, 7

My problem right now is that I have two columns for Name and ID. As the screen resizes, I want to replace these columns with a single column that combines the Name and ID columns into one. So when there are 3 rows left, that is when I would want to replace the "Name" and "ID" columns with a "Name & ID" column. Essentially I am trying to converge columns. (Look at the example above where 2 & 3 goes to 7 as page gets smaller)

Does anyone know how to set column order for a set number of visible columns on the screen? Or does anyone know how to converge the columns at a certain point in resizing of the page? Any web links would be helpful too. Thanks.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

This discussion has been closed.