Unable to filter null values using (select inputs) filter drop-down for Datatable

Unable to filter null values using (select inputs) filter drop-down for Datatable

beginner_2018beginner_2018 Posts: 46Questions: 19Answers: 0
edited May 2018 in Free community support

Dear All,

I have data table where it's working perfectly fine. But I need to filter the data table column even for null values.
And I also need to display the value "Empty" or "Null" in (Select) filter drop-down to filter the Data Table column having null values.
If you see below I have blank value in drop-down which indicates the column is having null values.
Fiddle

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,140Questions: 26Answers: 4,735
    edited May 2018

I would use columns.render to create the desired value to filter for null data using Orthogonal Data. I updated your example here:
    https://jsfiddle.net/8soz64df/

I also updated the loop building the options to add '(Empty)`, which matches the null filter value in columns.render,

Kevin

• beginner_2018beginner_2018 Posts: 46Questions: 19Answers: 0

Kevin Sir,

Request you to please kindly extend your support b providing the updated fiddle URL.
    Seems you missed providing updated URL

Answer ✓

Sorry, forgot to save it originally. See if this is works:
    https://jsfiddle.net/8soz64df/1/

Kevin

• beginner_2018beginner_2018 Posts: 46Questions: 19Answers: 0
    edited May 2018

Sir,
    Thank you very much.
    I had added updated the fiddle for columnDefs to use for multiple columns , So that it can help others to apply for multiple columns

• termiNadertermiNader Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0

Hi, thanks for this discussion...I'm having a similar issue.

I would like to use the solution provided, but it does not work when my data is provided by an AJAX source (with no server-side processing). I just get the filter drop down boxes with nothing to select inside. Any ideas?

edited June 2018

Sounds like this thread posted today is similar to your question. Do you build your select inputs within the initComplete option?

Kevin

• termiNadertermiNader Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0

That was my issue. Working now, thanks!

This discussion has been closed.