Unable to do column().search() on render/filter data

Unable to do column().search() on render/filter data

garuda_onegaruda_one Posts: 9Questions: 0Answers: 0

I have individual column searching (in addition to the global search), and the column searches aren't hitting my filter data.

Initialization of one of these columns:

{
   data: "Date", name: "date", render: function (data, type, row) {
      if (type === 'display' || type === 'filter') {
         return new Date(data).toLocaleDateString();
      }
      return data;
   }
}

and the column search setup:

$("#my-table .filter-row input").each(function(i) {
   $(this).on('keyup change', function() {
      table.columns(i).search($(this).val()).draw();
   });
});

Screenshots (imgur):
Global search success
Column search fail

Does column().search() not use the filter data source? Or am I (more likely) overlooking something?

Replies

• garuda_onegaruda_one Posts: 9Questions: 0Answers: 0

To add some more info - the date data comes as something like 2018-05-22T13:11:51.627, and doing a column search on 2018-05 also yields no results

...OK, really should have prepared for this post better. Now that I'm paying attention, that column curiously only ever returns one hit, and it's the same row every time. If I type 0 into that column search, it will return a row whose Date field is 2/28/2018. That same result also comes up if I type 2, 20, or 201, but the search returns nothing on 2018. Now I KNOW I'm overlooking something...

Not sure how to edit my post, but I've updated the column search to not use smart search (this hasn't changed any of my problems, though)

// ...
    table.columns(i).search($(this).val(), false, false, true).draw()
    //...

Yup.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................my column operations are off because I have hidden columns. So everything is working as intended................ :)

This discussion has been closed.