ColVis Plugin doesn't work

ColVis Plugin doesn't work

EricEric Posts: 24Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited September 2010 in General
Just an FYI, I tried this and it doesn't work right, especially in Firefox. An error that nbutton wasn't defined. I didn't bother looking into it, just wanted to give it a quick try.

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 63,252Questions: 1Answers: 10,420 Site admin
    Are you using v1.0.1? There was an issue with IE in the first release, although I've not encountered any errors in Firefox. Does the example work for you: http://datatables.net/release-datatables/extras/ColVis/index.html ?

Allan
  • EricEric Posts: 24Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Yes, the example works. I did download 1.0.1 and just copied the .js and .css into my app. It might be something on my end.
  • joechinjoechin Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I m actually getting the exact same error " Uncaught ReferenceError: nButton is not defined ColVis.min.js:23" in chrome.
    Can you like us to an example which isn't working please?

Thanks,
    Allan
  • bikabika Posts: 25Questions: 0Answers: 0
    In IE6 when you click the show/hide column button, the column checkboxes are always unchecked, when you click on them it doesn't check it, anybody encountered that
    For IE6, try using the latest development version: http://github.com/DataTables/ColVis/blob/master/media/js/ColVis.js . I'll be packaging this up as a release tomorrow.

Allan
  • MajidMajid Posts: 5Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Thank you for this remarkable tool (DataTables and the plugins).
    I received the same error in Firefox with 1.0.1, but it resolved when I switched to 1.0.2.dev. BTW this link goes directly to the raw js code: http://github.com/DataTables/ColVis/raw/master/media/js/ColVis.js

Also I have question which being minor I post here rather than in a new thread:

Lines 499 to 501 reads thus:
    /* This results in a very small delay for the end user but it allows the animation to be
    * much smoother. If you don't want the animation, then the setTimeout can be removed
    */
    I do want to turn the animation off; by removing the setTimeout, you mean removing it all together, or removing the wrapping setTimeout and leaving the code inside it intact?
    Removing that code altogether basically - you'll need to set the elements to visible, but you won't want any of the animate or set time out stuff. Something like:

[code]
    $(nHidden).css('opacity', 1);
    $(nBackground).css('opacity', 0.1);
    if ( jQuery.browser.msie && jQuery.browser.version == "6.0" )
    {
    that._fnDrawCallback();
    }
    [/code]
    Allan
  • dadokkiodadokkio Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I've the same error when the number of column was >16. In the dev version the problem is fixed.

I've 2 question:
    1. I's possibile to show the list like fixed div? the list is very unconfortable if long.
    2. When a column is showed/hided the columns width change to occupy all the available size. It's possible to avoid it?

Thanks and sorry for the english
  • dadokkiodadokkio Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
    ok, for the second problem [code]'bAutoWidth': false[/code] is the answer :D
This discussion has been closed.