Excel export and Child Rows

Excel export and Child Rows

mpoirier101mpoirier101 Posts: 3Questions: 3Answers: 0
edited November 2018 in Free community support

Does the ExcelHtml5 functionality can export Child Rows ?

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• rf1234rf1234 Posts: 2,801Questions: 85Answers: 406

Yes. It can also export hidden columns. And you can exclude columns from the export.

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583
    Answer ✓

Hi @mpoirier101 ,

No, sorry, it doesn't, I think @rf1234 must've misread that one. See this thread here.

Cheers,

Colin

Hmmm depends on what we mean by child rows ... I have child rows whenever the responsive extension puts columns into a child row to make things fit like in here:

All of the columns in the child row show up in my Excel export without any problem. So what am I missing here?

• tangerinetangerine Posts: 3,342Questions: 35Answers: 394

Interesting. I didn't know Responsive would do that.
    Certainly the "usual" master/detail scenario doesn't export the detail (https://datatables.net/examples/api/row_details.html).

edited November 2018

Thanks, tangerine. I wasn't aware of that. I let the Responsive extension take care of child rows and don't create them manually. If you order your colums by significance / importance this works fine. Even if your application isn't meant to be "really" responsive because people will only use it with a wide screen. In that case the Responsive extension still puts into child rows what doesn't fit on the screen ... My clients love it :smiley:

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

That's a good tip, @rf1234 , a nice way of getting that extra detail out!

This discussion has been closed.