Problem using ColReorder and ColVis Button

Problem using ColReorder and ColVis Button

toabmtoabm Posts: 7Questions: 1Answers: 0
edited December 2018 in Free community support

I have a problem on my Datatable., it seems a conflict between ColReorder and ColVisButton

I use the colReorder extension to re-arrange columns, and ColVis button to hide/show columns, and I soon as I change the order of the columns, the visibility buttons stop working as expected, meaning they do not hide the expexted column.

The problem is the following:
If I use the button to show/hide "Column3" it works perfectly, but, if I rearrage columns order and put let's say "Column10" in the 3rd place, that is, where "Column3" used to be, now the button assigned to Column3 visibility does not hide Column3 but the one that took its place, that is, Column10. The button title does not correspond with the column title it hides anymore....

It happens either way if I set saveState: true or false.

This is the versions I am using:

+---------------+-------------------+-----------+---------+
| Library | Info | Installed | Latest |
| DataTables | Nightly available | 1.10.19 | 1.10.19 |
+----------------+-------------------+-----------+---------+
| ColReorder | Up to date | 1.5.1 | 1.5.1 |
+----------------+-------------------+-----------+---------+
| Buttons | Up to date | 1.5.4 | 1.5.4 |

Anyone can help me with this please? I Guess it is a but, it happened around 2016 but it is supposed to be fixed by now? There's been a regretion?....

Thanks!

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,118Questions: 1Answers: 2,583
    edited December 2018

Hi @toabm ,

This was reported in the middle of last month - see this thread here. The issue is in the backlog and hopefully will be addressed soon.

Cheers,

Colin

• toabmtoabm Posts: 7Questions: 1Answers: 0

Thank you @colin ,

I have seen it is already fixed in the nightly version. Do you know if there is any way to use the nightly version of datatables with npm?

Thank you for you attention and your fast response....:)

This discussion has been closed.