csv import

csv import

ManiHInManiHIn Posts: 17Questions: 4Answers: 0

Hello,
I want to include the csv import tool, I can select the csv file, but after that the modal to select the colums does not appear.
any ideas?
Thanks a lot
Manuel

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• tangerinetangerine Posts: 3,348Questions: 36Answers: 394

What "csv import tool" are you referring to?

• colincolin Posts: 15,142Questions: 1Answers: 2,586

Hi @ManiHIn ,

Are you referring to this CSV import? As @tangerine said, we really need more info to offer any help. We're happy to take a look, please link to a test case - a test case that replicates the issue will ensure you'll get a quick and accurate response. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Cheers,

Colin

• ManiHInManiHIn Posts: 17Questions: 4Answers: 0

Hello Collin,
    Thanks for response, yes we use the csv import tool from the examples with papa. everythink works perfect, we can click import file, choose the right csv file in the modal, then the choose modal closes BUT the next modal where to choose the column with the import button does not appear.
    We host our project local so maybe you already had that error somewhere before.
    Thanks
    Manuel

It would be worth checking the browsers console for errors. Also check the js and CSS files you are including, they should be the same as in the example.

C

Hi,
    After really long time i can say taht the error orrurs with js/editor.bootstrap4.min.js.
    If we exclude this file from our script the csv import works great.
    Is there an update for this file?
    thanks
    Manuel

• allanallan Posts: 61,650Questions: 1Answers: 10,094 Site admin

Are you able to give me a link to the page showing the issue so I can have a look at that please? I've not been able to reproduce that myself.

Thanks,
    Allan

I think it has nomething to do with modal in bootstrap. dont know why. Acces to our project is difficult because we are local.
    But we use a standard bootstrao4 template and use only your editor code.
    if we do not include this bootstrap editor script it works like a charme, but not in bootstrap style
    thanks
    Manuel

Is there an error message shown in the console when it is included?

no error in the console, it is just the second modal does not appear. maybe it has something to do with the modal show and class or id conflict. I tried the editor.bootstrap3.min.js as well, and the same behaviour.

Hi @ManiHIn ,

I just tried this, see here, and saw something similar when I hadn't included papaparse. Could you confirm you're loading that file, please?

Cheers,

Colin

Hi Colin,
    Yes I can confirm that we are including papaparse file.
    thanks
    Manuel

Hi @ManiHIn ,

I'm not sure what else to suggest. Could you modify my example above with your data formats and see if you can reproduce it there. Without seeing it, we're shooting in the dark,

Cheers,

Colin

I modiefied it and this is the error I mean, BUT i have seen you are including more files than in the csv example. Maybe I have one file missing.

That's definitely something to check - though my examples are always bloated with files, so better to check against the example. If no joy, could you link to your modified example, please - the URLs change when edited.

Cheers,

Colin

live.datatables.net/sokocelo/3/edit
    It is not exact the same as in our page, but the error in this example is the same
    Thank you

I'm getting this error in the console, "a(...).one(...).one(...).appendTo(...).modal is not a function" - are you seeing this on your local page? I'm only querying as you said above you weren't seeing any errors!

I am sorry now i really forgot to include papaparse file, just added it and now you can see the second modal does not open. This is exact wat i mean.
    Hope I just forgot to include an important file to solve this.
    Cheers Manuel

Answer ✓

Thanks! I've realised what the problem is. The Bootstrap 4 modal code for Editor has a check to see if the modal is already open or not. If it isn't then it does nothing! That's wrong, it should insert the new content to show.

Will be fixed in 1.9.1.

Allan

Thank you!

• bremgbremg Posts: 4Questions: 0Answers: 0

The default example doesn't work also. If you close the modal, it's broken.

Also the documentation is really lacking.

Give us a non bloated example plz

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,269Questions: 26Answers: 4,765
    edited March 2020

@bremg

The default example doesn't work also. If you close the modal, it's broken.

I tried the example without finding any issues. I closed the window at various stages and was able to reopen and upload a file. Please provide the exact steps needed to break the example.

Give us a non bloated example plz

Is there a step you would like to remove from the example?

Please start a new thread describing the specific issues you are having and what steps you would like changed or eliminated from the example.

Kevin

@bremg - you've posted on three threads saying things don't work, without once given a link to an example with steps to reproduce. If you want support, please be constructive.

This discussion has been closed.