Datatables and cookies

Datatables and cookies

zblojkozblojko Posts: 1Questions: 1Answers: 0

I need to find what some cookies with domain datatables.net are used for in my web app.

Where can I get a list? Web app is ASP.NET, HTML, BOOTSTRAP based.

Some of cookies: _utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmt, _utmz, PHPSESSID ..

tnx

Answers

• tangerinetangerine Posts: 3,348Questions: 36Answers: 394

Are you saying that those cookies are created by DataTables?

• allanallan Posts: 61,635Questions: 1Answers: 10,092 Site admin

The DataTables.net library doesn't create any cookies (its open source, you are welcome to verify that). We use a PHP session cookie and Google Analytics on this site which is where the cookies on this site come from, but they wouldn't be added to your site, unless you are embedding one or more of our pages. Just including the JS library won't cause those cookies to appear on your site.

If you need any further guidance with that, we'd need a link to your page.

Allan

• 100a1100a1 Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0

Whilst loading CDN versions of DataTables 1.10.21 and various extensions, Chrome browser is telling me there are five response cookies from datatables.net. That's not a big problem except that latest versions of Chrome don't like cookies with SameSite=Lax. Not sure if these will affect the performance of the site, or if there is anything I can do from my end. cookies are:

__cfduid .datatables.net/
    __utma .datatables.net/
    PHPSESSID .datatables.net/
    Vanilla .datatables.net/
    Vanilla-tk .datatables.net/

Thanks in advance for any comments on the above.

• GlyndwrGlyndwr Posts: 117Questions: 32Answers: 0

I would also like to be advised of the answer to 100a1's question please.

__cfduid

This one is the cookie used by CloudFlare as part of their network, which we use for our CDN. It does help improve performance from what they’ve told me.

That is the only one that your users would get from accessing DataTables on our CDN. The other cookies are used for login and analytics if you visit our main site (e.g. the documentation or this forum).

Allan

• ReggieTheDogReggieTheDog Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

Would also appreciate a resolution path to this - Firefox also reporting
    Some cookies are misusing the recommended “SameSite“ attribute
    Cookie “__cfduid” has been rejected because it is in a cross-site context and its “SameSite” is “Lax” or “Strict”.

Me too! There is very little I can actually do about it since the cookie is set by CloudFlare rather than myself. I'll see if I can get anything more from their support.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.