13 rows causes error 80020101 in jquery

13 rows causes error 80020101 in jquery

smitissmitis Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hello,

I have a very weird problem with datatables. I am loading data via ajax. After successfully ajax call I am calling fnCallback(data) to push loaded data to datatable. Now the weird part. When my dataset has exactly 13 rows (I have tested this on various data), after call fnCallback(data) whole page freeze and after some time I get an error: "Could not complete the operation due to error 80020101."

This is happening only in IE and Firefox. Any ideas?

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,237Questions: 1Answers: 2,598

Hi @smitis ,

This SO thread suggests it's to do with comments.

Hope that helps,

Cheers,

Colin

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 21,117Questions: 26Answers: 4,916

A google search of the error seems to indicate it is something with the ajax response. I would start looking there. Maybe this thread will help:
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11295207/could-not-complete-the-operation-due-to-error-80020101/17847035

Doesn't appear that error is specific to Datatables. What is the response data you get when the error occurs?

Kevin

• smitissmitis Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0
    edited October 2019

Google was the first thing I did but nothing seemed relevant to me .. I also checked trailing commas but I didnt find any. Here is my datatable config: pastebin.com/hPFWEaEs .. I marked a line whose calling causes problem. Maybe you will find something what I am missing ...

I get a new error: "Out of stack space" .. something calls itself in jQuery .. I am hopeless

edited October 2019

Update: In call stack I can see that some functions in datatables.min.js must call itself because their count is periodically growing .. do you have any ideas? this after some time causes "Out of stack space" error

• colincolin Posts: 15,237Questions: 1Answers: 2,598

Hi @smitis ,

We're happy to take a look, but as per the forum rules, please link to a test case - a test case that replicates the issue will ensure you'll get a quick and accurate response. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Cheers,

Colin

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 21,117Questions: 26Answers: 4,916

There must be something specific in the data with the 13 rows that is causing the issue. As Colin said the best thing is a link to your page so it can be debugged. If you can't do that then please post the 13 rows you get.

Also it looks like you are using an old (1.9) version of Datatables. If its a problem with Datatables its likely there won't be any fixes and you will be asked to upgrade to 1.10. Here is a guide to upgrading to 1.10.

Kevin

Thank you guys for the response. I successfully figured out what was going on. Problem caused my css "tunning". I needed in some cases make table 100% width also I played with heigh. 13 rows was in my case limit value when datatable tried to calculate whether to show scrollbar or not (or maybe something else). I googled in some previous posts that datatables have trouble with relative sizes or something like that so I suppose that this caused cyclic calling of functions. I just upgraded my code and now is everything OK. Please close this thread. Thanks :smile:

This discussion has been closed.