Way for fast exporting huge amount of data in excel

Way for fast exporting huge amount of data in excel

okayeeokayee Posts: 22Questions: 6Answers: 0

I already see some thread related on this like this one https://datatables.net/forums/discussion/50940/export-to-excel-very-slow-from-version-1-10-17 and I want a final solution for this. Please help guys thank you

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

That's been fixed in the most recent version, 1.10.20, so it shouldn't be an issue any more.

• okayeeokayee Posts: 22Questions: 6Answers: 0

Hello @colin

I change to all of my datatables plugins to 1.10.20 but my current table is destroy. Can you share what specific resolve do you do in order to remove the slowness of the export button when it comes in huge amount of data.

It would just work - the performance fix was in the core of the code. If your performance hasn't improved, we're happy to take a look, but as per the forum rules, please link to a test case - a test case that replicates the issue will ensure you'll get a quick and accurate response. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Cheers,

Colin

Hello @colin
    Thank you so much for the response but Im using a confidential data on this. and also. but I want to explain the process im doing here. so in client side. I call an api. the return of this API is about 100k rows and 13columns (ARRAY of OBJECT JSON format). after I recieve this. Im going to build a table to show this in client side. I have some attribute needed in each <td> so I displaying the table first before I instantiate the Datatable on the table. so it happends that this is a huge size when I export it. Is there other way to help me without sharing any information or data here in public? maybe a call?

• allanallan Posts: 61,443Questions: 1Answers: 10,053 Site admin

You could use a data generator to create fake data if you can't make your data public. But as Colin indicates, we'd need a test case showing the issue to be able to help.

How long is the export taking at the moment? It will obviously take a finite amount of time to export 1'300'000 cells of data.

Allan

Can you please check this plugins that Im using cause this plugins fit for my current design of my table. I change all of this last time to the version 1.10.20 but the design messed up.

It seems this thread is morphing? Is the issue the export speed, or that your design is messed up?

Looking at those files, I don't think you need the top one - I suspect it'll clash with the one beneath. Have you also included the CSS files?

As we said, we're happy to take a look, but as per the forum rules, please link to a test case - a test case that replicates the issue will ensure you'll get a quick and accurate response. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Cheers,

Colin

That test case doesn't run. As we said, "a test case that replicates the issue will ensure you'll get a quick and accurate response". We need a test case that replicates the issue, steps to reproduce it, and what you'd expect to happen.

This discussion has been closed.