How to export table row span value to merge in export to Excel/PDF file?

How to export table row span value to merge in export to Excel/PDF file?

sudarshanjsudarshanj Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi Team,
As I am new to this I would like to know some inputs regarding to Data Table export to excel/PDF functionality. Need to know about export table row span data value with cell merge into Excel and PDF.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 63,133Questions: 1Answers: 10,399 Site admin

Do you mean rowspan attributes? DataTables does not support rowspan in the table body I'm afraid.

Allan

• sudarshanjsudarshanj Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Thank You Allan :)

How hidden table data (<td style="display: none;"> tag ) will be considered as merge cell in Data table export to xls/pdf.
    E.g.

<tbody><tr role="row" class="odd"><td class="sorting_1" rowspan="2">test 1</td><td>test image assessment</td><td>2</td><td>100</td><td rowspan="2" class="sorting_2">140.91</td></tr><tr role="row" class="even"><td class="sorting_1" style="display: none;">New Batch 30 April</td><td>Test01</td><td>1</td><td>81.82</td><td style="display: none;" class="sorting_2">140.91</td></tr></tbody>

• allanallan Posts: 63,133Questions: 1Answers: 10,399 Site admin
    Answer ✓

No - it would just be considered as a regular cell.

If you want to exclude certain columns from the export, see this example.

Allan

• sudarshanjsudarshanj Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Thank you Allan for quick response :)

• Uzair_ShamsiUzair_Shamsi Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi Team,
    I would like to know some inputs regarding to Data Table export to excel/PDF functionality. Need to know about export table column data value with specific cell merge (colspan in specific cell in a table) into Excel and PDF.

• colincolin Posts: 15,237Questions: 1Answers: 2,598

@Uzair_Shamsi - please don't duplicate threads.

This discussion has been closed.