"sScrollY": "400px",
"oLanguage": {
"sSearch": "Global Search:"
},
"bSortClasses": false,
"bScrollInfinite": true,
"aaSorting": [] // disable initial sorting for performance reasons
});[/code]

but no vertical scrollbar appears. If I disable vertical scrolling, the normal pagination works just fine. How can I begin to debug this?

thanks,
orange_roughy

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 63,277Questions: 1Answers: 10,424 Site admin
    You might need to show more rows by default - http://datatables.net/usage/options#iDisplayLength - try setting it to 20.

Allan
  • orange_roughyorange_roughy Posts: 19Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Thanks for the reply, allan. That didn't fix it. Now the table shows 20 rows (of several thousand), but still no vertical scrollbar and no other controls. What other information can I provide to assist in debugging?

thanks,
    orange roughy
    Can you give me a link so I can see what is going on? Presumably the 20 rows that are being displayed are taking up more than 400px?

Allan
    It's not a public website, so here's a link to a screenshot:
    http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/4996/nonameu.gif
    Okay - I think the answer is to update iDisplayLength to 40. Failing that what happens if you set the scrolling size to 200px? The picture shows that the size is less than 400px for 20 rows - so scrolling doesn't engage since there isn't enough data to force the scrolling. Possibly there should be a check in DataTables for this situation - but I think setting the display length to 40 will do the job.

Allan
  • diane simsdiane sims Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I would like to thank everyone for putting effort to solve this issue. I installed the application on my machine and found an unusual error similar to the one posted on this thread. I have tried to search for a solution on the internet but had no luck. I am glad I found this site and applied to method to resolve the issue. I am happy to announce that it worked like a charm. Thank you

Diane Sims
    http://www.blenderreviewer.com
    edited January 2011
    ^^^^^ spammer

Edited by Allan - deleted. Nice that the DataTables forums have reached the level where they attract spam... Sort of... :-(
    Yep, that did the trick allan. It would be nice if datatables could check for this problem. But thanks for the help!
    Added to the future list :-)

Regards,
    Allan
This discussion has been closed.