Data Tables Export Excel

Data Tables Export Excel

Noops17Noops17 Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

I have a table where I used the render to place some columns with currency format. So far so good, the problem is when I try to export the table data to excel, it doesn't take the data as currency. I already figured out the reason, I can't render and want to customize the currency format of export to excel. I wish I could have the currency table and be able to export to excel in currency format. I sent a picture of how I did it.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• krm_fajarkrm_fajar Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

hi, I'm new in datatables, but I have a problem like you.
    I don't know if this is good or bad to do it, but it worked on me. I use third party name PHPExcel. Here is a little screenshot of my code :

I can pretty much customize spreadsheets, like add borders, merge cells, insert an image, etc. even the title too.
    Sorry, My English is terrible.

• colincolin Posts: 15,142Questions: 1Answers: 2,586
    Answer ✓

This thread should help, it's asking the same thing. Also, Dave's example on this SO thread is another good way to go.

Cheers,

Colin

• Noops17Noops17 Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

I can't solve the problem the way I want ...
    If I change the render to this: "render": $ .fn.dataTable.render.number (',', '.', 2, '€') in excel it reads the data perfectly, the problem is that in my table is the dot as a decimal part and the comma as part of the thousands. I wonder if there is any way in Customize to change the dot per comma and the comma per dot.

• colincolin Posts: 15,142Questions: 1Answers: 2,586

We're happy to take a look, but as per the forum rules, please link to a test case - a test case that replicates the issue will ensure you'll get a quick and accurate response. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Cheers,

Colin

This discussion has been closed.