Thousand separator in table controls

Thousand separator in table controls

rf1234rf1234 Posts: 2,806Questions: 85Answers: 406
edited May 2020 in Bug reports

@colin, we had discussed this a few months ago and you had committed a fix. The thousand separator is still missing in the yellow marked table control field. I have the latest versions installed of Data Tables. Can you please fix this.

Replies

• colincolin Posts: 15,142Questions: 1Answers: 2,586

I've got no memory of that at all :) It was probably Allan, he fiddles with the code, I'll pass over to him,

Colin

• rf1234rf1234 Posts: 2,806Questions: 85Answers: 406

Yep, probably Allan. Thanks for taking care of this.

Roland

• allanallan Posts: 61,650Questions: 1Answers: 10,094 Site admin

I don't think we committed a fix for that I'm afraid. It is a limitation I'm aware of at the moment - we don't use the number formatter for anything other than the contents in the table. We need to expand it to include the table control elements. e.g. this is where it would be done for the paging buttons.

We've got a log of this feature request, but it might be v2 before it lands.

Allan

edited May 2020

we don't use the number formatter for anything other than the contents in the table.

I tend to disagree because you definitely use it in the text marked in green above which is outside of the table. In the English version you correctly use a comma as a thousand separator while you use a period in the German version bases on these settings.

$.extend( true, $.fn.dataTable.defaults, {
        "language": {
            "decimal": ",",
            "thousands": ".",
            "info": "Anzeige _START_ bis _END_ von _TOTAL_ Einträgen",
            "infoEmpty": "Keine Einträge",

German:

English version of same Data Table:

• colincolin Posts: 15,142Questions: 1Answers: 2,586

Yep, Allan's point was just that it's not present for the buttons. It problably just needs this:

btnDisplay = button + 1;

being changed to something like:

btnDisplay = (button + 1).toString().replace(/\B(?=(\d{3})+(?!\d))/g, lang.sThousands);

Colin

Sorry - you are right, we do use it for the info element - I'd forgotten that was done.

Allan

Here is the commit to add that into DataTables. Thanks for noting the discrepancy between the two control components.

Allan

Thanks guys.

This discussion has been closed.