Print preview is not working and couldn't save as PDF in the Android mobile chrome.

Print preview is not working and couldn't save as PDF in the Android mobile chrome.

gokila1204gokila1204 Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Everything related to data table 1.10 is working fine in desktop browsers. But in the android mobile browser, while clicking the print button, a new blank page is opening and closing immediately with the following error message

**** "There was a problem in printing the page. Try again later". ****

Is there any restriction on android mobile browsers. PDF and EXCEL are working fine on both the desktop and mobile browsers but the print option is not working in the android browsers.
Find the attached screenshot.

Thanks in advance.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583
    edited September 2020 Answer ✓

Yep, I'm seeing that too on our basic example, thanks for reporting. I've raised it internally (DD-1665 for my reference) and we'll report back here when there's an update.

Cheers,

Colin

• gokila1204gokila1204 Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Thanks for the assistance.

I have another query regarding the export excel.

Is it possible to add an image using execl customize. Able to customize the contents but couldn't add image.

Thank you

This thread should help, it's asking the same thing.

Cheers,

Colin

• gokila1204gokila1204 Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi Colin,

I couldn't understand the last thread you have mentioned for export excel. Can you give any other examples for the same.

Thanks.

• tangerinetangerine Posts: 3,342Questions: 35Answers: 394
    edited September 2020

The link Colin gave you has this:

Its already really rather difficult to get images into the Excel file - I'm afraid its not something I've looked into and I don't recall any members of the community having posted any examples about that.
    I suspect what you would need to do is research how image files are embedded and then referenced in a Open Spreadsheet doc. The easiest way (and how I did a lot of the Buttons Excel export) was to create an example Excel file, unzip it and inspect the XML / file structure it creates.
    Allan

I don't think you'll get any examples in here.

• m_tsatsaronim_tsatsaroni Posts: 7Questions: 3Answers: 0

Is there an update regarding printing on android devices?

No, it's still the same regardless of the browser.

Colin

• Vishakha-92Vishakha-92 Posts: 15Questions: 0Answers: 0

Hello
    Facing the same issue on samsung tablet. Is there a fix available for it yet ?

• allanallan Posts: 61,431Questions: 1Answers: 10,048 Site admin

I'm not having any problems with Chrome on Android on this page for the PDF and Print export. Is that page working for you?

Allan

No it's not working. It gives the same error as shown above in the screenshot.
    There was a problem printing the page, please try again

Not seeing it here. Easy version of Chrome are you running on your phone?

I'm running on samsung tablet
    browser chrome 102.0.5005.78
    OS
    android 11 SM-T227U

I've just being trying it on a Galaxy Tab S7 (via BrowserStack) and I also see that error. I suspect that the browser isn't blocking the closing of the tab while the print action is happening, which it should do (window.print() is a blocking action).

I think you need to disable the auto print for such browsers. Can you confirm if that then works for you?

Allan

I need the auto print on the tablet. Because the new window that opens, we don't have an option to select the print command.
    On the desktop it's fine because we can run the Ctrl+P command but on tablet it's not an option

It seems like a browser bug to me, but if you have a suggestion for how to workaround it, I can look at putting that into Buttons.

Allan