Searchpane shows 0 results when filter value contains an ampersand

Searchpane shows 0 results when filter value contains an ampersand

wgbwgb Posts: 5Questions: 1Answers: 0

When my filter contains a value with an ampersand (a & b), the filter count shows the correct number of rows, when you click on it to filter, the pane clears and says 0 records to show. I found what looks like an identical forum question that has an answer of "fixed" in 2019 (link).

Link to my test case: http://live.datatables.net/gesowipi/1/edit

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• sandysandy Posts: 913Questions: 0Answers: 236

Hi @wgb ,

SearchPanes has had a complete revamp since then, the code is very different now!

Something isn't right there. I've raised an issue internally (DD-1713 for my reference) and will report back here when there is an update. This will probably be in around a weeks time.

Thanks,
    Sandy

• wgbwgb Posts: 5Questions: 1Answers: 0

Ok. Sounds good to me.

William

• sandysandy Posts: 913Questions: 0Answers: 236
    Answer ✓

Hi @wgb ,

Apologies for the late reply for this. I made the fix and the reply fell through the net, sorry about that.

That should be the issue fixed now, just make sure that you are using the latest version of SearchPanes from the nightly builds. This will be available in the next SearchPanes release which we hope will be in the next few weeks. Until then you can access the fix from the nightly builds.

Thanks,
    Sandy

Sandy: I too apologize for the late reply...other items came up. I will give this a try this week.

William

works as advertised (SearchPanes 1.2.2 build)

This discussion has been closed.