Flash player will no longer be supported after Dec 20

umang.shahumang.shah Posts: 9Questions: 1Answers: 0

Link to test case: - Flash player will no longer be supported after Dec 20
Debugger code (debug.datatables.net):
Error messages shown:
Flash player will no longer be supported after Dec 20

Description of problem:
Chrome getting message: Flash player will no longer be supported after Dec 20
We are using flash report and we have used many places this report in our project.

What will be alternative for this ? Is there any another extension can use with less changes ?

Can you please help to overcome this issue ? Thanks in advance.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,118Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

I assume you mean the export buttons for Buttons. We have HTML5 versions of all the flash buttons - see examples here.

Colin

• umang.shahumang.shah Posts: 9Questions: 1Answers: 0

Yes, export button, because after Dec, 2020 flash will no longer available then this export functionality stop working.,

please see image.

• allanallan Posts: 61,451Questions: 1Answers: 10,055 Site admin
    Answer ✓

As Colin said, you must have selected the Flash export buttons as part of the DataTables download (or you are using the legacy TableTools library). Remove the Flash export buttons and use the HTML5 export instead.

Allan

edited October 2020

Ok, got it thanks.

Few more Question:
    1. While downloading package with selection options, how can we identify that which option was selected in current version package ? is there any way to identify because with same option i will download new package for HTML5 export.
    2. As currently using Flash report, If we upgrade from Flash to HTML5 then it will have many changes in application ? Do we have any document which helpful for upgradation ?

• allanallan Posts: 61,451Questions: 1Answers: 10,055 Site admin

While downloading package with selection options, how can we identify that which option was selected in current version package ?

If you used the download builder before, it will be at the top of the JS file that it constructed.

As currently using Flash report, If we upgrade from Flash to HTML5 then it will have many changes in application ?

Are you using Buttons' Flash export? In which case, no there should be no changes.

Allan

Ok, thanks for answer.
    Let me start upgradation, if any issue then i will contact here.

• shai_topazshai_topaz Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0

Hi Allan,
    The answer might be above but I'm trying to replace the legacy flash buttons with HTML5. We have a tabletools implementation that is obviously legacy since it displays the flash version of the export (xls, pdf, etc...) buttons. What is the simplest way of replacing these flash ones with HTML5? Do i just download the buttons1.6.5 package? How do i modify the calls within the page to these new ones? Sorry my knowledge is limited

Yep, TableTools is legacy - that functionality was retired a while ago. But yep, the answers are above - you just need to download Buttons (examples here). You can use the download builder to generate the links.

Colin

Ok, thanks. we have updated latest button features and included colvis.. everything working well.

• WebsWebs Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0

Hi, I just wanted to confirm that the Buttons HTML5 features only works with non-legacy Datatables. Am I correct in that? Thanks

Yep, you need the Buttons extension, not the old TableTools.

Colin

This discussion has been closed.