Add Bootstrap 5 as download option.

Add Bootstrap 5 as download option.

ikharusikharus Posts: 22Questions: 3Answers: 0

Hello,

I know Bootstrap 5 is still in beta mode (beta 3) but it would be nice to have the option to download Bootstrap 5 as styling option when we download DataTables (from the download page), since it is available in the package (I always choose to combine the files together).

Thanks a lot!

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,439Questions: 1Answers: 10,053 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Hi,

We will be adding it when it is available for all of our extensions. At the moment not all extensions have Bootstrap 5 styling available.

Allan

• Kopo942Kopo942 Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0

Hey @allan,

have you got any rough ETA if/when the Responsive extension is getting a BS5 release? We're anxiously waiting for our site to get updated, but the extension is holding us back.

I'm not sure to be honest - it should be done sometime in May. If you want to use DataTables with Bootstrap 5 before then you can do, you just need to include the files yourself rather than using the download builder.

For example for DataTables:

Editor, Buttons, Select, SearchBuilder and SearchPanes all have BS5 styling. The others we'll be adding as we can.

Allan

• morganrobmorganrob Posts: 18Questions: 7Answers: 2

Any update?

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

Yep, aiming for later this week. This will include Bulma too.

Colin

I see the download page has been updated, thanks!

Unfortunately, it generated an error:

Error: Unknown file - built/bm-0.9.2/jq-3.3.1/jszip-2.5.0/dt-1.10.25/e-2.0.4/b-1.7.1/b-html5-1.7.1/b-print-1.7.1/date-1.1.0/sl-1.3.3/DataTables-1.10.25/js/dataTables.bumla.min.js Apologies for the error. This has been logged and will be investigated

Appears to be a typo: bumla rather than bulma

Yep, I'm seeing that. Thanks for letting us know. I've raised it internally (DD-1995 for my reference) and we'll report back here when there's an update.

Cheers,

Colin

• castellinocastellino Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0

Hi.
    It seems that select extension package for bootstrap 5 is not in the npm registry.
    If i try to install it (npm install --save datatables.net-select-bs5) i get this error:

npm ERR! code E404
    npm ERR! 404 Not Found - GET https://registry.npmjs.org/datatables.net-select-bs5 - Not found
    npm ERR! 404
    npm ERR! 404 'datatables.net-select-bs5@*' is not in the npm registry.
    npm ERR! 404 You should bug the author to publish it (or use the name yourself!)

@morganrob - Many thanks for letting us know about that. I've fixed that now.

@castellino - Likewise thank you. It looks like the publish on it timed out for some reason - it is there now though :).

Regards,
    Allan

• specifically no datatables.css / datatables.min.css

That sounds like the same issue as this thread : https://datatables.net/forums/discussion/68672/download-builder-does-not-include-css-files-if-concatenation-is-used#latest

I'll join these two together on the ticket DD-1997 and will report back here too when there's an update.

Colin

@morganrob - The first issue is now resolved (DD-1995) - this is the typo in Bulma. The CSS problem is still outstanding which we'll look into ASAP.

Colin

Apologies for the latest error - that's it resolved now.The download builder should be working as expected, but if you do run into any other issues, please do let us know.

Allan

Looking good, thanks for the prompt fix

I tried to install datatables with buttons, responsive and select extention for bootstrap 5:

npm install --save datatables.net-bs5
    npm install --save datatables.net-buttons-bs5
    npm install --save datatables.net-responsive-bs5
    npm install --save datatables.net-select-bs5

I have a problem with buttons and select extension.
    In my node_modules folder I found datatables.net-buttons-bs5 but not datatables.net-buttons and the same for select extension.
    It looks like a dependency issue in packages datatables.net-buttons-bs5 and datatables.net-select-bs5

I import in es6 script datatables and without datatables.net-buttons and datatables.net-select i get an error.
    I solved for now with a manual installation of these packages:

npm install --save datatables.net-buttons
    npm install --save datatables.net-select

Can you check it out?

i'm sorry, the exetensions with dependencies problem are buttons and responsive (selec works well)

In my node_modules folder I found datatables.net-buttons-bs5 but not datatables.net-buttons and the same for select extension.

Agreed - I'm seeing that as well. We'll get this sorted out.

Thanks,
    Allan