FixedColumns don't line up with the rest of the table after update to Chrome 91.0.4472.77

FixedColumns don't line up with the rest of the table after update to Chrome 91.0.4472.77

Analytical360Analytical360 Posts: 12Questions: 2Answers: 0

Link to test case: http://dt-test.analytical360.com/
Debugger code (debug.datatables.net):
Error messages shown: None
Description of problem: When Chrome updated to 91.0.4472.77 the other day, all of a sudden, our fixed columns were no longer aligned vertically with the rest of the table, especially at the bottom. We're using FixedColumns, and Scroller on our table for virtual scrolling, and the problem is worse at the bottom of the table. click on the test case, and scroll to the bottom to see the issue.

Answers

• Analytical360Analytical360 Posts: 12Questions: 2Answers: 0

The problem doesn't seem to occur on other browsers. Firefox in particular, still works the same way as before.

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,141Questions: 26Answers: 4,736

There have been a few threads with this issue, like this one. Sounds like you need to download the nightly version to get the fix.

Kevin

I tested this with the nightly version, and the rows are still not aligned properly. The link you sent above discusses column misalignment, but in this case it's row misalignment.

In my test case shown above shows the 'Sample' column and the 'Column 1' Column are misaligned vertically, so a row in 'Sample' is offset by a number of pixels from it's corresponding row in 'Column 1'.

The test case doesn't currently use the nightly builds, but in my main codebase i've changed it to use the nightly, and nothing changed (even after reloading cached javascript in my browser).

On our production system, i still have to use a fairly old build because of another issue i've posted about which seems to have been fixed in the nightlies, but not in any of the release versions. i'm kind of loathe to use the nightly builds n production.

Ok, i've updated the test case to use the nightly builds. I use scroller, with server side processing, and it appears that the rows are aligned at the top of any buffer load, but they get progressively further off the closer to the bottom of the buffer you get.
    Please see http://dt-test.analytical360.com/ for details.