SearchPane cascade mode, scrolling back to top on every click

SearchPane cascade mode, scrolling back to top on every click

coolblades1coolblades1 Posts: 23Questions: 2Answers: 0

In the example
https://datatables.net/extensions/searchpanes/examples/initialisation/cascadePanes.html

If you scroll Position choices down to Technical Author (last one) and click on it, the scrollbar on this search panel stayed. But you then click on say Team Leader, then it scroll you to the top (scrolltop of 0). This very annoying user experience, should probably keep the scroll position where it is every time you click in the search pane choice.

I discovered this while upgrading from searching pane from v1.2.2 to v1.3.0 today.
Locally, I tried turn off cascading, but it was still having the same issue. Only after I turn off viewTotal, does scroll position stayed in place.

Thanks

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,116Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

Yep, I'm seeing that too, thanks for reporting. I've raised it internally (DD-2013 for my reference) and we'll report back here when there's an update.

Cheers,

Colin

• sandysandy Posts: 913Questions: 0Answers: 236
    Answer ✓

Hi @coolblades1 ,

Thanks for pointing this out. That should be the issue fixed now as you can see at this example.

This will be available in the next SearchPanes release which we hope will be in the next few weeks. Until then you can access the fix from the nightly builds.

Thanks,
    Sandy

• coolblades1coolblades1 Posts: 23Questions: 2Answers: 0

Thank you for the quick turn around and example link looks good. Will download the release build (complete DT) in a few weeks.