"JSON data from server could not be parsed. This is caused by a JSON formatting error"

"JSON data from server could not be parsed. This is caused by a JSON formatting error"

cmanvacmanva Posts: 37Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited April 2011 in General
I am using Chrome and IE..what plugin would be useful to view the JSON values to debug the formatting issue?

Replies

• GregPGregP Posts: 487Questions: 8Answers: 0
    In Chrome you should have built-in functionality in the Developer Tools. Although, I don't actually recall if you need to do anything special to enable the Developer Tools... just Google for it if it's not already enabled.

1. With Developer Tools enabled, right-click anywhere on your page and select "Inspect Element" (even though you're not inspecting an element) to bring up the developer tools panel. Although you'll be in the "Elements" view, click the "Network" tab, which will show all your network activity.

2. In the "Name" column you will see the path to the resource. This could be a URL, relative path, or whatever. It doesn't matter. Single-click this name, which will bring up another tabbed interface just to the right. Make sure the "Content" tab is selected, which will be your JSON response.

3. Highlight and copy this text, and then paste it into the JSON lint service, found at http://jsonlint.com , and then click "Validate". It will tell you what your errors are.
  • cmanvacmanva Posts: 37Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Thank You for clarifying the steps..made my job easier!
This discussion has been closed.