Export to Excel is buggy

Export to Excel is buggy

smoldovanskiysmoldovanskiy Posts: 59Questions: 7Answers: 0

I am using the built in export to excel and the generated excel document is very buggy. The first two columns used for checkbox and expand icon show as 2 very wide empty columns. Any way to easily remove that?

The date columns are not sortable by excel. Formatting the cells does not help no matter what format of date I use.

Also we have a client matter number, which is 6 digits and then 5 digits separated by a period like 000001.00000.
This number is not displayed properly, formatting does not work for this either.

Answers

• tangerinetangerine Posts: 3,342Questions: 35Answers: 394

The first two columns used for checkbox and expand icon show as 2 very wide empty columns. Any way to easily remove that?

Don't export them.
    https://datatables.net/extensions/buttons/examples/html5/columns

• smoldovanskiysmoldovanskiy Posts: 59Questions: 7Answers: 0

Thank you, that solves first part of my problem.

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

We're happy to take a look, but as per the forum rules, please link to a test case - a test case that replicates the issue will ensure you'll get a quick and accurate response. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Cheers,

Colin

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin

That “number” will need to be treated like a string to have it render with the leading and trailing zeros. If you have a test case I can try to reproduce and help resolve that.

Allan

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,142Questions: 26Answers: 4,736

See if using \u200C, as shown in Colin's example from the thread helps with the numbers.

Kevin