DataTables and jQuery 1.6.x

DataTables and jQuery 1.6.x

GregPGregP Posts: 495Questions: 9Answers: 0
edited May 2011 in General
jQuery 1.6 was released today. I popped it into my DataTables application and so far I have not noticed any problems. Just thought I'd let Allan and other interested parties know.

Anybody has a problem with jQuery 1.6 I suppose this would be a good thread for mentioning it.

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 63,205Questions: 1Answers: 10,415 Site admin
    Thanks for opening the thread Greg. I just saw the news about 1.6 being available - great news! I'll drop it into the unit test suite shortly, and assuming all goes well (I'd expect so) I'll add it in to the DataTables tree.

Regards,
    Allan
  • sujithsujith Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Allan,

First of all, thanks a lot for creating and maintaing Datatables. I am currently evaluating Datatables for our project. So far, I am quite impressed with its functionality.

I did notice an issue with ColVis plugin with jquery 1.6 . Basic ColVis functionality seems to be broken ((it works fine with jquery 1.5.2). Nothing happens when I select/deselect a column from the menu.

Please let me know if you need more info. I tried it with a very basic table with just colvis option (
    [code] $('#user-data').dataTable({ "sDom": 'C<"clear">lfrtip'}); [/code]

Cheers,
    Sujith
  • shanisonshanison Posts: 7Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Hi Allan,

Thank you very much for this awesome Datatables. I really love using it.

I just tested it out with jQuery 1.6 and found out that ColReorder seems to have a bit of problem. I drag a column A and drop to before another column B, the column header A and B didn't change order at all, but only the data inside the column A and B.
    edited May 2011
    If you use jQuery 1.6.1 does the problem "go away"? Also, was there a Javascript error reported on the console?

Allan
    Hi Allan,

Thank you very much for your reply. Yes i am using jQuery 1.6.1, and there is no javascript error found. Do you experience this yourself?
    No I haven't seen that issue with jQuery 1.6.1. Can you link us to your example which isn't working please?

Allan
    Hi Allan,

I am very sorry that I can't post the url here, as this domain name is used for our product testing environment. So in case some of my company users see the url, they may be confused. So is it possible i pass the link to you through email? If you are not convenient to put your email here, my email is lxsh586@gmail.com. Thank you very much for the help.
    Yes - please use the contact form here: http://DataTables.net/contact

Allan
  • GregPGregP Posts: 495Questions: 9Answers: 0
    Updated to 1.6.1 yesterday. Not using any extras at the moment; all is working tickety-boo. (what the heck does that mean? Is that even an expression or am I imagining things?)
    Very British :-). Good fella :-)

Allan
  • jimmyhjimmyh Posts: 17Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Any progress moving DataTables, ColVis and ColReorder to jQuery 1.6.1? ColVis refuses to work when I reference this library instead of v1.5.2.

Cheers!
    I'm using ColVis with jQuery 1.6.1 no problem. Can you link to an example of it not working please? Note that if you are using DataTables 1.8 you will need the current nightly of ColReorder - available here: http://datatables.net/download/

Allan
This discussion has been closed.