Left border is missing on right-fixed columns

Left border is missing on right-fixed columns

jklosinskijklosinski Posts: 15Questions: 6Answers: 0

When there are right-fixed columns with bootstrap 5 styling, the left border of the left-most right-fixed column is missing.

https://jsfiddle.net/polshgiant/dtm4793g/

Thanks for any help.

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

It looks like that's an effect of the colspan - it appears to be working as expected here. Could you look at that, please, and see if it helps. If it's still not working for you, please can you update my example, or link to your page, so that we can see the problem.

Cheers,

Colin

• jklosinskijklosinski Posts: 15Questions: 6Answers: 0

@colin I updated my sample to remove the colspan and the same border issue persists.

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

Ah yep, I see it, thanks. We'll take a look and report back next week,

Colin

• sandysandy Posts: 913Questions: 0Answers: 236

Hi @jklosinski ,

This is going to take a surprising amount of work to implement. Something isn't right there. I've raised an issue internally (DD-2402 for my reference) and will report back here when there is an update.

The problem here is that it is possible to add the border to the is missing, but then if you scroll the table all the way to the side there is a doubly thick border. We're going to have to think about the best way to counter this as it has some knock on effects.

There is a workaround though that is to add a class to the last column that is not fixed and then set it's css to have no right border. Take a look at this example.

Thanks,
    Sandy