Information Visualization using Select and Language

Information Visualization using Select and Language

alakentualakentu Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0

Hello everyone and happy new year. I searched the forum and couldn't find a favorable answer.

Link to test case: http://live.datatables.net/qifibobo/1/edit

Description of problem:
I use the latest version of Datatables with Bootstrap 5. I use the Select extension with Internationalization with Spanish language and Checkbox selection.

My problem is that the information of rows, columns and cells is always shown without selecting, using Datatables without language this does not happen, it only shows this information only when a row, column or cell is selected.

Is there a way to hide the row, column, and cell information when these have not been selected and only show the information once one of them is selected, as is the case with Datatables in English.

I hope I have explained myself well. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

Yep, a good explanation and thanks for the test case. I agree, I'd say that looks wrong. I've raised it internally (DD-2426 for my reference) and we'll report back here when there's an update.

Cheers,

Colin

• alakentualakentu Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0

Wow! Thank you for your prompt reply, I am happy.

I will continue looking for the correct way to do what I want, if I am successful I will also report it here. Kind regards.

The only way I can think of working around the issue is to remove the language options, something like this. I tried hiding the strings but that didn't work - selection always brought them back.

Colin

• alakentualakentu Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0

Thanks for the reply friend @colin. I also use the same form, in the same way it continues to show the information even if the row has not been selected.

Using Datatables without language this does not happen and the behavior is very strange.

As long as a more favorable solution is obtained I will use the Gyrocode checkbox plugin. Although I really don't want to use any more external plugins.

Thanks and best regards.

• Alex_99Alex_99 Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0

Hello everyone,
    I was about to open another thread, luckily I saw this one already open...
    I'm having the same problem, but in the English, Spanish, German, French and Italian languages.
    I downloaded the entire json of the languages ​​just mentioned, from this link https://cdn.datatables.net/plug-ins/1.11.2/i18n/ has anyone found a way to fix this behavior?

Thanks and best regards

Not as far as I know, and the issue is still in the backlog, I'm afraid,

Colin