Search Builder - Cell Right-Click to Add a Filter

Search Builder - Cell Right-Click to Add a Filter

mattrebamattreba Posts: 13Questions: 4Answers: 0

As a frequent user of ServiceNow I have found the right-click context options of 'Filter Out' and 'Show Matching' in list views to be extremely efficient and intuitive ways to build a filter list. Each operation simply adds an AND filter with Not or Equals for the column and value clicked. It doesn't look like Search Builder currently supports a method to push rules into the search criteria but I may have overlooked it. Would something like this be possible in the future?

Replies

• sandysandy Posts: 913Questions: 0Answers: 236

Hi @mattreba ,

Thanks for the suggestion. Sadly, we don't have any plans for integrating context menus into DataTables. So, this isn't something that we are planning to integrate in the future.

Thanks,
    Sandy

• mattrebamattreba Posts: 13Questions: 4Answers: 0

How about from the API side to allow adding search criteria and leave it to the site developer to implement the UI side? Is this already possible and if so could you point me to the appropriate example?

• mattrebamattreba Posts: 13Questions: 4Answers: 0

Nevermind. I think I could use getdetails(), insert criteria and rebuild(). I'll give this a try

• allanallan Posts: 61,433Questions: 1Answers: 10,049 Site admin

Exactly that!

If you give it a go, we’d be really interested to hear how you get on with it. While it isn’t something we are planning to implement ourselves, I’d love to see it in action.

Allan