Datatables releases 1.13.0 and 1.13.1 - any bugfixes or security vulnerabilities addressed?

Datatables releases 1.13.0 and 1.13.1 - any bugfixes or security vulnerabilities addressed?

RandolphPerkinsRandolphPerkins Posts: 10Questions: 4Answers: 0

Hello. For our application, we are currently using Datatables version 1.12.1. I noticed the two newer versions, 1.13.0 and 1.13.1. Our team is wondering if these newer versions would be useful to upgrade to if they consist of any bugfixes or security vulnerabilities from older versions that are fixed with these new versions. I have tried looking at the links for both versions and receive a 404 error for each link on 1.13.0 and 1.13.1. Thus I was unable to find any info on the features of these two upgrades.

If no security vulnerabilities are overcome with these two new versions, then our project team would prefer to stick with v1.12.1, due to testing. Thanks!

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Release notes for 1.13.0:

New

• New: ES Module support!
    • New: Rewrite of the typings for DataTables to make it possible for the extensions to add methods and options and reflect how the API extends itself more accurately.
    • New: Add warning (error 18) about mismatching columns between the table header and body

Updates

• Update: Remove default text colour for control text - allow the text colour from the page to take control

Fixes

• Fix: Focus should remain on the selected item from the paging control when using keyboard navigation
    • Fix: DataTables compact style had too much padding on header cells
    • Fix: Types - Global new DataTable() construction was incorrectly typed
    • Fix: Bootstrap 5 - keep ul.pagination attributes added by events
    • Fix: remove stateSaveParams event handler on table destruction
    • Fix: Luxon would trigger an error if used with non-numeric data
    • Fix: Bootstrap 5 integration - processing indicator wasn't being correctly positioned
    • Fix: Links could be virtually invisible against a selected row's tint
    • Fix: Sort arrows on iOS/iPadOS were incorrectly sized
    • Fix: Add page-nc event for cases when paging is called but no change happens - required for SearchPanes which can take actions on the page event

1.13.1 fixes a single bug that was introduced in 1.13.0 in the Bootstrap 5 integration.

The release notes are meant to be here, but it looks like wires got crossed somewhere. I'll fix it :)

Allan

• RandolphPerkinsRandolphPerkins Posts: 10Questions: 4Answers: 0

Thanks Allan! Sorry I responded to the other discussion topic that I posted first, regarding 404 errors. I see you answered my question about the 1.13.1 notes/fixes, so you can disregard the second part of my response. Thank you!