front end editing and categories

front end editing and categories

InahojoInahojo Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

I'm going to make a table containing different companies, Some of the companies are training companies. I want to show the same table on two different subpages, but where the companies that conduct training are only appears in the table on the training companies page. It must be possible to seamlessly add new companies , categorizing or tagging them as "company" or "training", or both..and make them appear inside the tabel.
Is there a simple editor where a non-technical person can enter this as a one-time operation and make the companies appear correctly according to whether they are a training company or not?

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 63,189Questions: 1Answers: 10,412 Site admin

I'm not quite clear on what the difference between the two tables on different pages is? Is one readonly, or is one filter of the other?

You can certainly add a tag to a record - consider this example where the "Permissions" field could be likened to your tags.

It really depends on what your data structure in your database is. You already have one, or is that something that also needs to be defined?

Allan

• InahojoInahojo Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

It is basically the same table, but I want it to be displayed on two different pages on the website. On the one site, the list should contain all companies, on the other site, the list should only show those of the companies that accept apprentices. So it's the same list, but not all companies appear on both lists.
    My main problem is that this needs to be easy to edit and add new companies from a "easy to use" editor. And that you only need to add it to one list, where you can choose whether this should be visible to only companies or apprentices.
    (A bit the same idea as e.g. "news", then you can add the news module to several pages and choose which tag/category of news you want to appear on the specific page. )

I have created the table, and it has the same structure on both pages. Companyname, adress, phone, e-mail, homepage. But i need som sort of filter.

:)

• allanallan Posts: 63,189Questions: 1Answers: 10,412 Site admin

So it's the same list, but not all companies appear on both lists.

Sounds good to me. A simple where condition will take care of that.

My main problem is that this needs to be easy to edit and add new companies from a "easy to use" editor.

That's hopefully what Editor will do for you! Consider this example. You could have it add your company name and the radio input would indicate if the company accepts apprentices or not.

Then that database table would be used to drive the two tables that are used for display, based on the where condition of the apprentices acceptance.

Allan