Pagination not displayed

Pagination not displayed

simusidsimusid Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited July 2011 in General
Brand new user here. I got my first table rendered in about 15 minutes including zebra striping. The only problem I'm having is with pagination. I'm just using the defaults for my table but no controls are displayed. I have 11 records and the status says "Showing 1 to 10 of 11 entries"

I don't know if this is related but while the search box and the pagination dropdown (10, 25,50,100) display both work perfectly, they are rendered on two rows, aligned left. Every example I have seen shows the pagination dropdown align left, and the search box aligned right on the same row.

Also I just notice that my TH fields are not duplicated at the bottom of the table. Is that standard default behavior too?

I must be missing something simple, but wow what a great tool!

Replies

• simusidsimusid Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Followup, I added .dataTable({"sPaginationType": "full_numbers"}); for full pagination controls and now at the bottom of the table is plain text (no links):

FirstPrevious1NextLast
  • simusidsimusid Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Followup part deux

Looking at http://www.datatables.net/release-datatables/examples/basic_init/zero_config.html is the default configuration also supposed to automatically filter on TH? I'm not getting that either.

Thx

Gary
  • fbasfbas Posts: 1,094Questions: 4Answers: 0
    did you install the /images directory from the download zip file?
    this has images for pagination . sounds like you might be missing this

for full_numbers, sounds like you also haven't installed or included a css file that defines styling for them

in the download package, in media/css, you can find demo_table.css with some pagination settings

[code]
    .paging_full_numbers {
    width: 400px;
    height: 22px;
    line-height: 22px;
    }

.paging_full_numbers span.paginate_button,
    .paging_full_numbers span.paginate_active {
    border: 1px solid #aaa;
    -webkit-border-radius: 5px;
    -moz-border-radius: 5px;
    padding: 2px 5px;