sScrollY and sScrollX Broken?

sScrollY and sScrollX Broken?

thecountofzerothecountofzero Posts: 21Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited November 2011 in General
When I try and use "sScrollY" and/or "sScrollX", the widths of my column headers and table go out of whack.

If I remove them, the table displays fine, but then I am without the ability to scroll.

You can see a screen shot here:

http://www.malamoney.com/dataTables-issue.jpg

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Mike

Replies

• wxkevinwxkevin Posts: 11Questions: 0Answers: 0
    What browser are you using? Unfortunately I am unable to access your site as it is being blocked here at work.

I am having the same issue but only for FF 6, not for IE7/8. I am only using vertical scrollbar. Without the vertical scrollbar all the columns align on both browsers. With the vertical scrollbar the columns still align on IE 7/8 but not on FF6. The THs in the header are slightly wider than the data cells so each column header as you move right across the table gets a little further and further mis-aligned.
  • thecountofzerothecountofzero Posts: 21Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Looks bad on FF 3.6.24 and IE 8.0.7601

Haven't checked on more recent versions of FF yet.
  • neags23neags23 Posts: 5Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I have this issue in most browsers, as well. I wrote a JS function to fix it, but it doesn't work in IE7. Some help on this would be great.
  • allanallan Posts: 61,452Questions: 1Answers: 10,055 Site admin
    Can you give us a link to your pages please.

Allan
  • wxkevinwxkevin Posts: 11Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I was able to resolve this problem. Although I don't specifically remember off the top of my head the issue I do know it had something to do with our existing CSS. There was some sort of conflict. What I did to resolve was start over from the DataTables examples that worked and slowly began adding our CSS.
  • neags23neags23 Posts: 5Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I outline my issue here: http://datatables.net/forums/discussion/7778/vertical-scrolling-messes-up-column-header-alignment#Item_1
This discussion has been closed.