bJQueryUI isn't applying styling to column headers

bJQueryUI isn't applying styling to column headers

kendrickjoshkendrickjosh Posts: 14Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited March 2012 in Bug reports
Hello,

I've been using your library with JQuery and it's awesome! I've run into a little bit of trouble recently though. On my development machine I've got my app working great and looking exactly how I want it to. Using the bJQueryUI flag applies all the styles to the datatables tables I have on my web app.

When I move the exact same code into my production environment, the styling on the th tags goes away. I can tell the table is still styled though because the "show x entries search" bar has the correct style.

On my development machine I'm using the latest version of Firefox, but on my production machine I'm testing it against Firefox 3.6.26

It looks to be working alright on IE8, so I know my code is ok, but I'm trying to build it to work on Firefox. Is there some quick fix I can do to get this working on an earlier version of Firefox?

Thanks!

Replies

• kendrickjoshkendrickjosh Posts: 14Questions: 0Answers: 0
    edited March 2012
    hmmm ive done some more thinking and it also might be that my development machine is a mac and the environment im moving to is windows.. maybe for some reason the styles aren't being applied/shown in firefox on windows?

I found the debugger and I think I set it up correctly, debug data code is: ofewig
    has anyone else seen this? Is this a known issue?
    Does anyone know which styles datatables applies to the column headers? Maybe I could just apply them myself?
    is there any update to this? Is it being worked? Do I need to provide more information? I really need to get this fixed!
    edited March 2012
    in case anyone is curious, it's a firefox issue. in version 3.6.26 of firefox, something is rendered incorrectly. it'd still be great to get it fixed
    I guess this is the benefit of not getting help... ended up figuring out a fix on my own. After talking with a more seasoned firebug user than myself I realized I could see what the page looked like using the html option in the firebug window. I saw that in Firefox 3.6 the desired styles ARE NOT applied for some reason, but in Firefox 4, the table looked like this:

Name

Description

Agent

Time

So I just substituted the above code for the th's i had that weren't receiving the correct styles and it seemed to work, sorting and all. Also does not seem to affect forward compatibility either as firefox 4 still showed up correctly. Note: you will have to do the same thing for the footer obviously.
This discussion has been closed.