tabletools issues

tabletools issues

lothar83frlothar83fr Posts: 7Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited October 2009 in General
Hi Allan

When I use the tableTools plugins on Ubuntu/mozilla firefox 3.0 and 3.5.3, i can only print the table, the other options are not display (white square).

regards
Jean-Philippe

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 63,213Questions: 1Answers: 10,415 Site admin
    Hi Jean-Philippe,

I'd guess you don't have the Flash 10 plug-in installed (is flash 10 even available for Linux yet?!). This is required for TableTools to be able to save files to the local file system.

Regards,
    Allan
  • stormlifterstormlifter Posts: 15Questions: 0Answers: 0
    edited March 2010
    actually I have Flash 10 and I'm not able to use anything except print as well.

The other buttons are there, just can't click on them and they don't "rollover".

[code]oTable = $('#transaction_table').dataTable({
    "bJQueryUI": true,
    "oLanguage": {
    "sURL": "{{MEDIA_URL}}lang/dt_EN.txt"
    },
    "sPaginationType": "full_numbers",
    "bStateSave": true,

"aoColumns": [
    { "sType": "html" },
    null,
    null,
    null

],

"fnFooterCallback": function(nRow, aaData, iStart, iEnd, aiDisplay ) {
    var iTotalAmount = 0;

for( var i=0; i
    1. sDom:
    - Documentation: http://datatables.net/usage/options#sDom
    - Example 1: http://datatables.net/examples/basic_init/dom.html
    - Example 2: http://datatables.net/examples/advanced_init/dom_multiple_elements.html

Short answer - it controls the elements that DataTables adds to the document. Try: '<"H"Tlfr>t<"F"ip>' for TableTools with jQuery UI.

2. TableToolsInit needs to be done before your initialise the DataTable.

3. Doing var TableToolsInit = {} would require you to specify every single one of the default TableToolsInit init options. At the moment you are overriding the default object and replacing it with your own, which contains a limited subset of the information needed. For example you don't include the SWF path which is why it's not working (I think - Firebug might be able to tell you for sure).

Try:

[code]
    TableToolsInit.oFeatures.bXls = false;
    TableToolsInit.sPrintMessage = "";
    // etc
    [/code]
    Allan
    edited March 2010
    Not getting a peep from Firebug. I did originally have an issue with the SWF, but like I said I had the buttons showing and could right click on them to see that it was a Flash 10 object.

I tried with your two lines and I still don't get to push anything other than "print", but it did exclude excel.

Also, WOW thanks for the amazingly fast reply. Promise when my program makes me money I'm coming back for you :P
    edited March 2010
    DOH! Just realized that the print button doesn't use the "swf" and thus didn't eliminate the chance that the swf file wasn't being found.

Fixed that all up. Now on to more programming!
    TODO:
    - Add some hidden columns that should exist in the CSV
    - exclude some visible columns from the output,
    - clean up the output for the values (I don't want the values to have ' ' symbols around them.
    - fix the clipboard issue (it pushes the column headers by four tabs)
    - have clipboard and export feature drop the header

Sweet freakin' app though. I love DataTables, the progress you make on it is inspiring too. Love to see a good tool with active development.
  • dneedlesdneedles Posts: 24Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Not sure if it applies, but I found if the var pointing the the swf file wasn't set up it resulted in the behavior described above. Per the example I added the following line just above the oTable entry:
    [code]
    TableToolsInit.sSwfPath = "/media/swf/ZeroClipboard.swf";
    [/code]
    > - Add some hidden columns that should exist in the CSV
    > - exclude some visible columns from the output,

With TableTools at the moment you can either include hidden column, or not include them. There isn't really an option to do a combination of both and provide an option for each column. This is definitely something for a future version of TableTools.

> - clean up the output for the values (I don't want the values to have ' ' symbols around them.

For CSV export you can use TableToolsInit.sCsvBoundary to customise the boundary. It's quite reasonable to set this to an empty string for CSV (it just means you can't have tabs in a field).

> - fix the clipboard issue (it pushes the column headers by four tabs)

Sounds odd! Does it happen for you on the demo page: http://datatables.net/release-datatables/extras/TableTools/ ? Have you perhaps got four empty TH elements?

> - have clipboard and export feature drop the header

Nice idea. I'll include that in a future revision as well.

Regards,
    Allan
    > - fix the clipboard issue (it pushes the column headers by four tabs)

Nope, my THs match my TDs in count.

> - have clipboard and export feature drop the header

Scanned the code for a hot minute and didn't see an easy way to do this, got a hint as to where I could start? This feature is pretty important.
    1. TH elements - okay - the TH elements match the TDs in count. But do you have any empty TH elements? i.e. which would cause this.

2. If you look in fnGetDataTablesData() you'll see a comment which says "/* Titles */" Just comment out that section.

Allan
    There it is. Found an alien " ? " mark hidden in the ending tag for a TH
  • prkarthikprkarthik Posts: 13Questions: 0Answers: 0
    edited May 2011
    Hi,
    There is no such kind of line(/*Title*/) in my tabletools.js..Have only header,body and footer..
This discussion has been closed.