KeyTable, future compatbility with server-side DataTAble

KeyTable, future compatbility with server-side DataTAble

jimmcslimjimmcslim Posts: 5Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited February 2010 in General
First of all, thanks to Allan for all the great work on DataTables + its associated plugins!

According to the KeyTable documentation, it is presently incompatible with the server-side datasource capability of DataTable, and my own attempt to get it working has confirmed this.

Is it feasible that the KeyTable plugin will be compatible with server-side populated DataTables at some point in the future?

Thanks,
James

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 63,204Questions: 1Answers: 10,415 Site admin
    Hi James,

I don't have any plans to add compatibility for server-side processing to KeyTable any time soon, but I can't imagine it would be that difficult to do. Most likely it would just be a case of using live events rather than the current node bound events (and possibly one or two other little things). I'll add it to my to do list, but it might be a little way off...

Allan
  • supermozziesupermozzie Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0
    hi Allan,

would you mind giving us a little code snippet to show how to make KeyTable work with Server-Side DataTable?

thanks!!!!
    maureen
  • EvengersEvengers Posts: 4Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Echo on both points: many thanks to Allan!! ... it's a super tool and the "Server-Side" compatibility for KeyTable would be very nice indeed!

Cheers
    Steven
  • jundyjundy Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Hi Allan,

Last year I started using KeyTable, DataTables, and jEdiTable. Is there any updated code for KeyTable and Server side processing? I needed it because I'm editing thousands of lines in each process. so I decided to use server side processing to minimize loading time but this compatibility of KeyTable and Server side processing is my problem.

I Hope you can do something with this. Thanks!
    I'm afraid that this is not yet something that I've had a chance to look at (a year passes surprisingly quickly!). I'll look at it as soon as I can, but if it is something you need urgently please consider the support options ( http://datatables.net/support ) to bump it up the priority list.

Regards,
    Allan
  • ardnaxela03ardnaxela03 Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Hi everybody I hope this help someone

I changed the keys.event.action
    var keys = new KeyTable( {
    'table': document.getElementById('idTable'),
    } );

/* Apply a return key event to each cell in the table */
    keys.event.action( null, null, function (nCell) {
    /* Block KeyTable from performing any events while jEditable is in edit mode */
    keys.block = true;
    $(nCell).dblclick();

/* Initialise the Editable instance for this table */

/* Dispatch click event to go into edit mode - Saf 4 needs a timeout... */
    setTimeout( function () { $(nCell).click(); }, 0 );
    } );
    and in my fnServerData, set keys.block to false

function ( sSource, aoData, fnCallback ) {

$.post(sSource,aoData,fnCallback,'json').error(function() { alert('error'); });
    setTimeout( function () {keys.block = false;}, 0);

}
    This work for me in this case my event is dblclick I hope someone can change this so that the action can call the property event in the datatable
  • pkcinnapkcinna Posts: 4Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Has anyone got KeyTable working with a server-side data source? It would be nice if there was a free solution. I'm about to abandon DataTable because this is a show stopper for my project.
    No I'm afraid I've still not had time to do this. I will again try to bump it up my priority list, but can't promise anything at the moment in terms of free development since there is so much else to do as well!

Allan
  • PROpheTPROpheT Posts: 12Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Hi,
    any news? I added some features to keyTable, but Im not able to add this feature. Without keyTable is my project unusable, so I must to use "standard" php processing.
    Sorry - still not had a chance to do this yet. However, if anyone does want this feature, both DataTables and KeyTable are open source, so you can add this feature as required, or purchase DataTables support if you would prefer it to be done by myself.

It is something that I will try to add as soon as possible, but there are a number of other priorities which need to be addressed first.

Allan
This discussion has been closed.