Tabletools and Firefox

Tabletools and Firefox

jbiemansjbiemans Posts: 9Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited August 2012 in General
Sorry to start a new thread on this, but I have noticed that many of the other ones are old and have gone dormant, so I thought a new thread would be the best place to start. I have seen many threads attempt to answer this; but the standard response (set the swf path is not working for me).

Info:
I am currently running Firefox 14.0.1 w/ Firebug 1.8.4b1 when I visit the example:

http://datatables.net/release-datatables/extras/TableTools/

Only the print button is visible; the rest of the buttons appear while the page is loading, but quickly disappear shortly after the page finishes loading.

When I view the site in internet explorer 9, Chrome 21.0.1180.60 m the buttons are visible and fully functional; However when I visit the site with Opera 12.01, it has the same problems as Firefox. For my purposes, I can simply insist that the users use chrome or IE, but in the interest of ease of use, it would be great if the issue could be figured out for cross platform use. I noticed that I am not the only one with this problem, and I was hoping that maybe we could find a solution.

There are no errors in firebug, nor in the chrome development console.

More info:
Firefox has the shockwave flash 11.3 300r plugin

Replies

• jbiemansjbiemans Posts: 9Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Please ignore the double post, I don't know how to delete the extra one =(
  • allanallan Posts: 63,180Questions: 1Answers: 10,411 Site admin
    This page:

> http://datatables.net/release-datatables/extras/TableTools/

doesn't work for you in Firefox? Or is it your own page which doesn't work?

I've just tried it in Firefox 14 and it works okay for me.

Allan
    edited August 2012
    Neither my page, nor the example page. I figured if I simply tried to address the issue with the sample, it would eliminate an error on my part when implementing the script.

I tried some troubleshooting, and I have added an alert to zeroclipboard.js file to see what is happening (on my page)

line 281:
    [code]
    receiveEvent: function(eventName, args) {
    // receive event from flash
    eventName = eventName.toString().toLowerCase().replace(/^on/, '');
    alert(eventName)

[/code]

I get the alerts in Chrome, but I do not get anything with Firefox. It makes me think there is a problem with the event listeners not loading properly in firefox. I noticed that a little below that there is a spot that says that sometimes firefox needs a kick, but that part of the code never gets executed.
  • allanallan Posts: 63,180Questions: 1Answers: 10,411 Site admin
    Odd. I'm afraid I'm not really able to help much without being able to reproduce and debug the issue myself though :-(. It sounds like adding trace options might be the way go. Does Flash work on other web-sites for you?

Allan
    Yes, and I have tried removing the flash plug-in and then re-installing when it prompts me that its missing. I will keep trying for a little while to find the problem here, but soon I think I will give up and simply make sure that the users stick with chrome or ie.

There must be some other variable between your system and mine that is causing the problem.
    Update: The problem is resolved in Opera. When it had updated the flash plugin to ver 11, it had left the ver 9 plugin as well. As soon as I disabled the v9 plugin everything works fine.

Could you please do me one quick favor ? in the location bar of your firefox, can you type:

about:plugins

does your flash details look like:

Shockwave Flash

File: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32_11_3_300_271.dll
    Version: 11.3.300.271
    Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300

MIME Type Description Suffixes
    application/x-shockwave-flash Adobe Flash movie swf
    application/futuresplash FutureSplash movie spl

(except maybe the sysWOW64 may be system32)
    Is there any way to get a copy of the fla for copy_csv_xls_pdf.swf ?
    I finally found a fix! I had to disable protected mode for the flash player.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1018071?tstart=0

Basically all I had to do was add the line:

ProtectedMode=0

To the C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\mms.cfg file. After that it works great in firefox and I did not have to change any of your code.

Hopefully this information will help anyone else with the same problem.

I think its only a problem with the flash version listed above and not earlier versions of flash.

Johan.
This discussion has been closed.