Do we need webserver for TableTools to work

Do we need webserver for TableTools to work

nitinyadavnitinyadav Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited August 2012 in General
I was trying to add the download as excel and csv feature, but its not working. It fails with error : uncaught exception: Unable to load SWF file - please check the SWF path in Tabletools.js
I was wondering do we need to host it on tomcat or some other server for it to work or just adding the files in a common folder will make it work.

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 63,180Questions: 1Answers: 10,411 Site admin
    You can use the Flash control panel to set a security exception if you want to use it on your local file system: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager04.html .

However, that isn't the error that I would expect you to get if you were using it on the local file system. I'd suggest having a look at the Firebug or Webkit console to see what is happening (i.e. where it is trying to load the data from).

Allan
  • nitinyadavnitinyadav Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Thanks allan, i tried debugging from console. I get the error in ZeroClipboard.js:

Line: 134 has error

this.div.innerHTML = this.getHTML( box.width, box.height );
    this.loadingTimer = setTimeout( function () {
    throw( 'Unable to load SWF file - please check the SWF path' );
    Uncaught Unable to load SWF file - please check the SWF path (repeated 2 times)
    }, 10000 )

but i have supplied the path as correct.
    $(document).ready( function () {
    $('#example').dataTable( {
    "sDom": 'T<"clear"><"H"lfr>t<"F"ip>',
    "oTableTools": {
    "sSwfPath": "copy_csv_xls_pdf.swf",
    "aButtons":["copy", "print","xls"]
    }
    } );
    } );

where the swf and html file both are in same folder.
    I have also tried setting the absolute path:
    "sSwfPath": "C:/Users/Username/Desktop/copy_csv_xls_pdf.swf",

but still the table features work like sorting and searching but the download is not working.
    Can you update to the latest version of TableTools please? That code has been updated since then. Are you using 2.0.x?

Allan
  • nitinyadavnitinyadav Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Hey Allan, i was able to resolve the issue by running the code through apache web-server. When i open the file directly in browser then export button doesn't result in any result. But when i open same page through apache then the export option worked successfully.
    I downloaded 1.9 as it was a stable release shown on website. I will try it with 2.x too.
    > When i open the file directly in browser then export button doesn't result in any result. But when i open same page through apache then the export option worked successfully.

That is a security feature of Flash. You can add an exception to your Flash player here: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager04.html

Allan
This discussion has been closed.