Adding format to specific cells

Adding format to specific cells

LloydLloyd Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited October 2012 in General
I have searched, but not been able to find info on adding format to specific cells.

I am trying out the latest version of DataTables accessing the data with server side processing. I have gotten it to work quite well, but need to add specific formatting to a cell that contains a url, so that when you click on the url, a new window opens and displays the webpage associated with the url.

Can you point me to an example or an already existing discussion, if they exists. Otherwise can you explain to me if and how I can do this.

Thanking you in advance for your help.

Regards,

Lloyd

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 63,180Questions: 1Answers: 10,411 Site admin
    Sounds like you want mRender - allows you to format / create strings (including in this case an HTML link).

Allan
  • LloydLloyd Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Hi Allan,

I have taken a look at mRender, and have tried to implement, but a running into problems. Is there a possibility that you could create a working example of mRender that converts a cell to a clickable link.
    and added it too the existing examples folder that is part of the download.

This way I can re download the package and access the example, and by playing around with the example could learn how to do what I am trying to do.
  • LloydLloyd Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Hi Allan,

Just to let you know that I was finally able to get this to work for me. I was unclear on how to use and what information was contained in the three function variables. Once I figured that out, and along with properly reference the cell I wanted to work with using mdata, I was able to get it work.

Lloyd
This discussion has been closed.