DataTables server_side original is not working with IE8

DataTables server_side original is not working with IE8

mr_phillipusmr_phillipus Posts: 5Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited October 2012 in General
I just start to play around with datatables, download v1.9.4, change/edit the server_processing.php to reflect my db, load it to my webserver
I create the table using sql data provided from v1.9.4

server_side.html is working fine with IE9, Firefox, Chrome, but not with IE8 under windows Xp
I have tried to load it with different IE8 on other Xp machines with same result:

DataTables warning (table id = 'example'): DataTables warning: JSON data from server could not be parsed. This caused by a JSON formatting error.

I can open the page "server_processing.php" with data loaded from my db (confirming database connection is OK)

Could someone guide me here?

Thanks in advance,

Phillipus

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 63,161Questions: 1Answers: 10,406 Site admin
    Can you give us a link to the page please? Have you run the JSON through JSONlint.com?

Allan
  • mr_phillipusmr_phillipus Posts: 5Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Hi Alan,

thanks for your attention :)

http://settleitnow.com.au/datatables/examples/server_side/server_side.html
    http://settleitnow.com.au/datatables/examples/data_sources/server_side.html

Yes, I did test it on JSONlint.com: Valid JSON

Cheer,

Phillip
  • allanallan Posts: 63,161Questions: 1Answers: 10,406 Site admin
    Seems to work no problem for me in IE8/9, Chrome, Firefox etc. I am using IE9 emulating IE8, perhaps that's a limitation or are you seeing the problem there as well?

Allan
  • mr_phillipusmr_phillipus Posts: 5Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Hi Allan,

It was supprising me as well, it seems to be working fine on some Xp/IE8

So I start to download Xp Mode, create fully updated windows Xp with no other software except fully updated windows and IE8, and it failed to load the datatables

I will try to make another Xp mode from my other laptop and will post the result

Phillip
This discussion has been closed.