TableTools - Copy breaks when encountering a single quote.

TableTools - Copy breaks when encountering a single quote.

sanelsonsanelson Posts: 12Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited October 2012 in TableTools
When the copy function encounters a single quote, it will stop processing. No Success message is displayed. The text in the clipboard up until the single quote is intact, but everything after that is truncated. It seems that html escaping the single quote (replacing it with ') on the server-side sometimes works but sometimes doesn't. I believe it fails to work if the character entity resides within an HTML tag, such as , but I am not entirely sure of the disparity. I have managed to work around the issue for now by replacing all single quotes with the ’ character entity, which is not exactly the same, but pretty close.

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 63,161Questions: 1Answers: 10,406 Site admin
    Can you link me to a test case showing the problem? I can't seem to replicate the issue. There was a problem with older versions of TableTools and HTML entities, but that's been fixed in 2.1.4.

Allan
  • sanelsonsanelson Posts: 12Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Oh, sorry, I left out an important detail on the original post.

It only happens if the single quote is placed there via server side processing.

I worked around the issue in the latest build of our app by replacing single quotes with right-hand single-quotes, so you can't see it there anymore. I'll see if I can replicate it later today, unless that's enough to get you going.
    OK. Here is an example that breaks. In this case, it is encountering the ' character entity in the data returned from the server. I was not able to make it break with just the (') single quote character in my testing, but I could have sworn it was happening in our app. It may be that the app was automatically escaping the single quotes at some point, though.

http://1.sanelsontest.appspot.com/
    BTW, this also breaks the CSV and PDF buttons if they are using Flash.
This discussion has been closed.