Very slow load on Safari

Very slow load on Safari

ThomasTThomasT Posts: 9Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited November 2012 in General
My table is loading extremely slow when I try to load my website, http://billigtele.dk/, on Safari. With Firefox there is no problem at all.

There are only 66 rows - so why is it so slow?

Replies

• ThomasTThomasT Posts: 9Questions: 0Answers: 0
    It's also slow with my Galaxy S3.

I run datatables on another website, but same server - and it's quick. Only difference is there are fewer rows, but can 66 rows really be such a huge problem?
  • allanallan Posts: 63,107Questions: 1Answers: 10,394 Site admin
    Takes Chrome quite a while on my i7 machine as well - so I hate to think what it is doing to a mobile.

I don't see anything obvious as to why it is taking so long. I'd suggest using the console's profiler (console.profile()) to see what is taking so long.

Allan
    Thanks Allan

I don't know how to use that console's profiler. Can you guide me through?
    If it isn't easy, can I hire you for fixing this speed issue?

/Thomas
    > Can you guide me through?

Top hit on Google: http://fuelyourcoding.com/webkits-javascript-profiler-explained/

> If it isn't easy, can I hire you for fixing this speed issue?

I'm fully booked already I'm afraid. Try it out, see how you get on and let us know :-)

Allan
    I tried the profiler, and it said it takes 16 seconds to load the website. All the pictures etc. load fine.

How can I fix this problem? If someone can fix it for me, I am of course willing to pay.

/Thomas
    And what functions did the profiler say were taking up the time?
    Billigtele.dk - document.
    All the specifics like fotos and fonts seems fine. It's just saying that billigtele.dk takes 16 seconds to load, but I know it's the table, because on normal text pages there's no problem at all.

When I try to click on Billigtele.dk to get more information, all I get is a source code.
This discussion has been closed.