Filtering columns with HTML and plain text difficulties

Filtering columns with HTML and plain text difficulties

ThefinaleofseemThefinaleofseem Posts: 11Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited March 2013 in General
I'm having some trouble with individual column filters and columns with a combination of plaintext and HTML, specifically a href links. Cells with links only are fine, ie "Clicky!" in a cell will filter properly if you type "Clicky" into either the table filter or individual column filter. However, "Please Clicky!" will not filter properly with "Clicky". The search filter will only search on "Please" and everything in and between the tags would be omitted entirely. I've dug around with custom types, but the built-in types don't change anything. I tried a custom type with ofnSearch['sType name'], but logging sData showed that the HTML was being chopped out of the searchable text completely. I I'm mucking around with afnFiltering, but that gives me tons of data and I would need only the total data from each cell in the column with a particular sType. Referencing by column index wouldn't work as I have about a dozen different tables that can be shown, each with a different layout. It would be far simpler to find a column by sType, retrieve the raw data, and then execute the filter when necessary. Perhaps there's a better way or even an existing plugin or built-in function that I can use. Some of these tables can be pretty big (thousands of rows), so something relatively snappy would definitely be preferable.

Replies

• daniel_rdaniel_r Posts: 460Questions: 4Answers: 67
    edited March 2013
    Although its not officially out, you can try my filter plugin... it got support for HTML elements... https://github.com/vedmack/yadcf , you can take a look at the example on jsbin...
This discussion has been closed.