TableTools Plugin and tables containing images

TableTools Plugin and tables containing images

ericbericb Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited September 2013 in General
I should start by saying I have never used DataTables, but if it's able to handle what I need it to do, donation to the beer fund is on the way.

I have an application that I'm building the front end for with Bootstrap 3. I could really use a grid component that does these things:

1. Can be made to work with Bootstrap 3 (seems possible from the forum posts I've read)
2. Sortable, Filterable, Paginated (So far so good)
3. Can include a column of images. One 70px square image per row. No need for sorting on this column.
4. Can save the table as a PDF, including the column with the images.

Can DataTables + TableTools do all that? And if so, I see that one of the donation options includes the ability to pay for support. What are the chances that an hour of support time would buy a quick Bootstrap 3 proof of concept meeting the above criteria?

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 63,161Questions: 1Answers: 10,406 Site admin
    It can do all apart from point 4. The PDF export on the client-side does not include images in the output. It would require a significant amount of work at add that ability (I suspect a couple of days).

Allan
  • ericbericb Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Is most of that work within the actionscript of the AlivePDF component, or are significant changes to DataTables/TableTools necessary also?

I ask, because I may be able to sponsor the work, either by you or another developer... I'd just need more information about where the changes need to take place.
This discussion has been closed.