FYI if you're having issues with scrolling on Chrome & OSX (HTML Canvas)

FYI if you're having issues with scrolling on Chrome & OSX (HTML Canvas)

GauchoGaucho Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited November 2013 in General
It took me forever to track this one down so I thought I'd share it with everyone in case it saves someone else in the future...

I am using datatables with sScrollY, sScrollX and FixedColumns. Everything was working fine but then sometimes the top header and the fixed column would stop scrolling when the main table was scrolled (X or Y). If I created a whole new browsing session it would work again, but would then stop. I finally realized it was happening after a page was loaded that used an HTML Canvas object. After that page had loaded, even after hard reloading the test page, the scrolling would still not work. This was ONLY on OSX with Chrome.

Punchline: something related to Chrome's 2d canvas acceleration is corrupting the entire browser session.

If you are seeing something similar, to test it, go to "chrome://flags/" in your browser and disable "accelerated 2D canvas", then restart Chrome, then try it again.

I don't have a fix for it unfortunately, but at least now I know it's not related to datatables or my code!

Hope this helps someone track down the issue a little faster!

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 63,234Questions: 1Answers: 10,417 Site admin
    Wow - interesting. Thanks for flagging this up. I've not seen it myself, but I'll certainly keep an eye out for it.

Second time recently a Chrome issue has effected us here... Doh.

Allan
This discussion has been closed.