How to make table content appear on Google search

How to make table content appear on Google search

a2011a2011 Posts: 9Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited January 2010 in General
Hi,

I have a webpage that is entirely based on data shown in datatables, fetched with jquery/json from a mysql table.

The problem is that the information does not seem to be visible for the google robot and therefore the only information about my page on google is the meta information (and this does not give many hits..).

Is there anyway to solve this problem?

//Anders

Replies

• alexjalexj Posts: 7Questions: 0Answers: 0
    You could try using data from the DOM, google will then just parse the whole table. Remember Google bot doesnt support javascript
  • a2011a2011 Posts: 9Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Thanks for your reply alexj but I have to admit that I´m not good enough on this to understand... Should I get the data in a different way? Could you give an example?
    Ok, Google doesnt support JavaScript, so it doesnt support the DataTable (because thats JavaScript)

Download this addon: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/60 for firefox, then go to Disable > All Javascript, then you will see what Google see's (an empty table because you retrieve the table by JSON (JavaScript)).

I would just create a table with PHP or another scripting language, Google can then just read the table because it is in the HTML.
    Ok, thanks. I'll think of something. But it's a shame since I really like data tables and it will take some effort to build something similar...
    You can use datatables, you need to make the Table with PHP and then use datatables over that table
    So you suggest I print a table using php and then delete it and replace it with datatables? I guess that would be fairly simple but I guess if the connection is slow the first table would be visible for a moment for the user? But maybe that is a small problem...
    edited January 2010
    Someting like that: http://datatables.net/examples/data_sources/dom.html
    Oh, now I get it. Excellent! This will work just as good for me.

Thank you very much!
This discussion has been closed.