TableTool Problem

TableTool Problem

JohnAherneJohnAherne Posts: 4Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited December 2013 in TableTools
Today is probably not the best time to put up a query. But it should be quiet.

I have a setup using Twisted/Python Framework running on Windows 7.

I see quite a few problems raised with TableTools and I seem to have run into the same issue.

I am using the downloaded bundle for 1.9.4 and have copied everything to the appropriate folders.

When I run everything seems to work except the copy/csv/excel/pdf buttons. The print button works.

I can see in the developer console that all items are found and loaded from the correct spot. Image files from images, js files from js, css files from css and the swf file from swf. I do not get any 404s.

But what I do not see loaded are the images for the TableTools. CSV.png, pdf.png etc. I see the images for back_enabled, sort_both, sort_asc etc.

So I end up with a tool bar with buttons and the text but not the image on the button for csv, pdf etc.

If I press the Copy button all that seems to be copied is 'blank'. This is what I get when I paste the copy.

Nothing seems to happen when I press the CSV/Excel buttons.

I have run this as localhost and from another PC but all the same result. No luck.

I also have an older version of datatables I set up a while back running Apache with Datatables 1.8. This runs on another PC and works fine. I can run this as localhost or from the PC where I am having problems and all works fine. So in theory that says Flash is working OK.

With the Apache config I see that csv.png, pdf.png get called and loaded.

I do see on Chrome occasionally that shockwaveFlash has crashed. Not sure how significant that is.

If you need to see this running I will need to set up a link for you since this is only running when I do setup and testing. And it all runs behind a firewall.

I hope this all makes sense and if anyone has any bright ideas I shall be happy to hear them.

John Aherne

Replies

• JohnAherneJohnAherne Posts: 4Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Just a quick follow up.

I should have checked this earlier.

But I just copied across the working scenario based on 1.8.1 and all works fine.

So now looking for possible differences with the setup for 1.9.4.

John Aherne
  • allanallan Posts: 61,650Questions: 1Answers: 10,094 Site admin
    > When I run everything seems to work except the copy/csv/excel/pdf buttons. The print button works.

Can you link to a test case shown the problem please? I'm afraid I don't immediately know what the issue is.

Allan
    Allan

Thanks for the response.

Here is a link I will keep open for the next few days.

http://217.37.162.5:8880/test

Hope it tells you something.

I'm sort of assuming it's to do with the swf and that is not loading the images for csv/pdf/excel etc

Thanks

John Aherne
    Well, I set up the test and now it works!!.

I can download the csv and excel options.

I still do not see the images for the csv/excel etc buttons being picked up. So still puzzling about that.

John Aherne
  • allanallan Posts: 61,650Questions: 1Answers: 10,094 Site admin
    > I still do not see the images for the csv/excel etc buttons being picked up. So still puzzling about that.

Have you added them in to the CSS? By default the CSS for the icons in the buttons is commented out.

Allan
This discussion has been closed.