Buttons not working - swf found

Buttons not working - swf found

TrueDubTrueDub Posts: 6Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited April 2014 in TableTools
Hi all,

I'm trying to use TableTools on my table - I don't get any 404s, so the SWF is found, but the only button that works is the print one. My HTML imports are as follows:

[code]

[/code]

while my JS code is as follows:

[code] var oTable = jQuery('#helperTable').dataTable({
"sDom": 'T<"clearfix">lfrtip',
"aLengthMenu" : [ [ 10, 25, 50 ], [ 10, 25, 50 ] ],
"bPaginate" : true,
"bFilter" : true,
"bSort" : true,
"bLengthChange" : true,
"bInfo" : true,
"bAutoWidth" : false,
"sPaginationType" : "full_numbers",
"aaSorting" : [ [ 5, "desc" ] ],
"aoColumnDefs" : [ {
"sType" : "date",
"aTargets" : [ 5 ]
}, {
"bVisible" : false,
"aTargets" : [ 6, 7, 8 ]
} ],
"oTableTools": {
"sSwfPath": "/helpers/resources/js/copy_csv_xls.swf"
}
});[/code]

I'm also using the YADCF plugin to generate column filtering - might this be conflicting?

Thanks in advance

TrueDub

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin
    Can you link to a test case (as per the forum rules) so I can take a look and try to offer some help.

Allan
  • TrueDubTrueDub Posts: 6Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I'll do my best to recreate in an accessible place, and repost here when I've done so. Doing that might point me in the right direction anyway.

Thanks for your response, especially on a Saturday!
    Example of the reported behaviour:

http://castlemon.com:8080/helpers/tester.do

Some notes that may assist -

app is Spring MVC, but the displayed page is HTML-only
    SWF is stored in resources directory for Spring to access, but can be accessed using the coded URL
    no 404s are seen, but no functionality is present either

Any help gratefully received!
    Very odd! I've just downloaded the swf file and a binary comparison shows that it doesn't appear to match the SWF files in the TableTools download. Could you try clearing your browser's cache and then update TableTools on your server with the latest version from here: http://datatables.net/download/ ?

Allan
    No joy I'm afraid. I used Beyond Compare to check the SWFs and the original one I had was different from the 1.9.4 download version. I replaced this and tried again locally, but it didn't work (same symptoms). I'll try to upload this new version in the next day or two.

A thought - I'm building with Maven, using spring MVC and deploying to Tomcat - I don't think any of these things could be the issue, but I could be wrong?
    I'm not aware of any issues with that, but I don't use any of those technologies myself.

As an experiment, try including a simple test SWF file in your html and see if that works?

Allan
  • robertbrowerrobertbrower Posts: 158Questions: 1Answers: 0
    Maybe a browser security setting is preventing the flash file from running.
    I've set it up now so that it's plain HTML and JS - and while the flash now seems to be recognised (i.e. the buttons now all change the pointer on hover), there's still no activity when they're clicked on.

The HTML-only side is at http://www.castlemon.com/tester.html
    Any assistance would be welcome on this - for instance, can others see the buttons not working on the plain-HTML version?
This discussion has been closed.