Tabs within Bubble

Tabs within Bubble

raspiraspi Posts: 18Questions: 3Answers: 0

I am having a "wide" table with say >20 columns (shame on the databas layout - I know - but there it is).
When I now use the "line edit" the bubble or envelope is quite large and needs a lot of scrolling.

I wonder if there could be a way to also enable tabs within this bubble.
For example:
Tab 1 - all personal data
Tab 2 - bank account information
Tab 3 - details of some event registration
Tab 4 - other info

I could not find any documentation for this.
If not yet possible, maybe an idea for further development?

Replies

• anaganag Posts: 48Questions: 2Answers: 7

What Bubble? Can you post your code, and demo. Show a screen shot?

Why not put multiple tables on different tabs and initialize each individually. Or you ColVis plugin to hide some columns?

• raspiraspi Posts: 18Questions: 3Answers: 0

having different views of a table in multiple tabs would be one solution - this way only having the shown information to edit. (bubble means using the bubble field editor - instead of inline edit - this what is showing up when editing the complete row).

But using tabs within this editor "window" could easify implementation. It might open the complete table content, not necessarily showing all field in the table - so far the features are available already. But now the editor will be crowded by all fields and for this reason I suggest introducing tabs within this editor "window".

• allanallan Posts: 61,617Questions: 1Answers: 10,089 Site admin

Hi raspi,

Thanks for the feedback - providing different panes of fields (can be styled to look like a tab, or any other navigation) is very much on the roadmap for Editor. There are a few other features I want to add before then, but I think this is a really important one for complex forms, and something I'm very much planning on adding in future.

Regards,
    Allan

This discussion has been closed.