Inline and ajax data

Inline and ajax data

Sweet01Sweet01 Posts: 1Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hello, sorry if this question has been asked but I didn't manage to find it.

I want to use inline edit in a table that contain normal text fields and more adanced form inputs such as select, jquery ui's slider etc.

But from what I've understand so far, if I want to have inline edit working properly, i have to serialize my datas and let DataTable write all the html (td and values).

But if I do that, i don't know I can use advanced field (select, sliders, ..)

My question is, is there a way to make inline edit work properly even thought I use DataTable on a already existing html structure ?

Thanks
Christian

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,453Questions: 1Answers: 10,055 Site admin

Hi Christian,

It certainly can be made to work - if an input works in the main Editor display, it should also work in the inline view (although obviously larger controls can disrupt the layout of the table - a WYSIWYG control wouldn't be suitable inline for example - very ugly!).

My question is, is there a way to make inline edit work properly even thought I use DataTable on a already existing html structure ?

Yes, you can see Editor working with a DOM sourced table here: https://editor.datatables.net/examples/advanced/htmlTable.html . It doesn't have inline editing, but you could add that if you wanted. Having said that, it is often a lot easier to use Ajax sourced data since then you can work with objects rather than arrays.

Regards,
    Allan

This discussion has been closed.